Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm gonna PUMP you up!

Hehehehehe I have a couple funny hubby stories and I just had to share.....




So another thing that happened while we were in San Antonio was........ as we were walking to the River Walk....we passed a HOOTERS. I personally have never eaten there, but I have been a server. SO the thought of serving in daisy dukes, really tight tank top, and dance tights...is somewhat disturbing. Anyway, there was an outdoor seating area so we could see them. There was a server talking to a table of 4 twenty something dudes (giving her a hard time). The next thing I know Seth IS RAMMING THE STROLLER INTO A GLASS DOOR! (His head was looking the other direction) Then he yells at Ryan to move out of the way like it was his fault. I cocked my head to one side and said, "YOU ARE SO BUSTED!" (with a half smile) He shyly and nervously laughs and says, "WHAT?hehe."



We talked about it later in the night and he gave me some story about how the guys were giving her a hard time and he was listening to that.....hmmm mmmm WHATEVER !!! :)




Have you ever heard of BODY PUMP? It's a class I take at the gym where you lift weights the entire time and lot of them. You are exhausted when you leave. The first time I did the class, I literally could NOT walk the next day. It took 4 days to feel normal again. Seth was not that sympathetic. (it's in the DNA) So anyway about 3 weeks ago SETH JOINED THE GYM. He has been "taken it easy" easing into his workouts as he says. I decided he needed to see how the real hard bodies work out! :) I talked him into this class, telling him there will be other guys there...which is true.

SO we drop of the boys and off we go. FIRST IS SQUATS. I tell Seth to go easy...we do A LOT of reps! He doesn't listen and puts 40 POUNDS ON HIS BAR! Then we go down to the ground to work on our chest, he keeps the same weight. I'm like...this is crazy there is no way he can keep up with this! Sure enough he come over to me and says, "This lady is crazy!!! I've never done that many reps in my life!" I smiled and supportable say, "I told you to go easy" The rest of the workout, he put 5 POUNDS on his bar for triceps, biceps, and lunges. This by the way was less weight than I had!!!!! When we start the lunges, he goes, "lunges after the million squats we just did?" YUP!! Us ladies gotta have a great bootie!

That night he was soo tired he was walking around with "rickets" (this is a family term described as sticking your butt out and scooting your feet around) and the next morning he was walking down the stairs backwards, b/c it hurt too bad to bend his thighs going down forward. I tried really hard to get a video of this, but he figured out what I was doing and pulled his pants down while I was filming and mooned the camera thus making it impossible to post!

A couple laughs at my hubbies expense! Thank you for working hard for our family though, we luv ya!


8 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Those were some awesome stories!!! :) Men....gotta love them!

I also love the picture of your son chowing on the cake!!!! That is great! (I wanna do that!!)

Autumn said...

hehee. That is too funny about the squats. I think the macho gene insists they outdo it. At first when you were telling your story about serving I thought you were a Hooters server. I kept telling myself to try not to be judgmental!! :) that's so funny.

I love your new layout.

Valarie said...

Men! Gotta love 'em!!

Kelly said...

Those are cute stories- hubbies make the best ones sometimes! Love the new layout and music- it looks so fresh and updated! Love it!

Amy Jane said...

lol to autumn's comment!! :)

Stephanie@Soggy Runner Girl said...

Thanks for commenting! It had been a long time. We are in Oregon because we love it and we have family here. I don't know if we will stay here forever but we might. Your kids are so cute and I love your house!

Stephanie said...

I love the new look! Chris has a hard time admitting his is wrong...it's funny to catch him in the act :). Anyway, it was great to see you the other night. I love family dinners at your house :).

Suzette Selden said...

I love body pump! I'm so excited you go to Gold's too. We'll have to start going to a class together. I'm also a fan of body step and body jam, and pilates.