Friday, June 13, 2008

A HOT concert!

Isn't it spooky how you can see my camera hand shadow on his shirt????
MMMmmm mmm nuggets n' dip dip
It's sunny!!!
"Doggy, Doggy!!!!"

Every Thursday there is a free concert at our local outdoor mall. We decided it would be fun to go picnic.....I even curled my hair!

At high sun, at 100 degrees we gathered our food loot. Seth got a stir-fry bowl, I got a fish dinner, and the boys got ...any guesses? Ya, McDonald's!!!!

There is a wealth of great live music in Austin...being the LIVE music capital and all! Tonight we had the pleasure of listening to the music of Josh Grider. He was really good for a one man band. Just him and his guitar... he said he had just got back from San Fransisco. He joked had went to a party and grilled out with friends....and shivered b/c it was so cold. He said it made him grateful to live in Texas because you never SHIVER at a Texas BBQ....sweat yes, but never shiver. This is my new slogan....

I would rather sweat than shiver any day!!!

Really, almost everyday these past two weeks it has hit 100 degrees! But it has not bothered me one bit! I don't know if my body has already adjusted, but every time I'm out there I think of last winter in Connecticut and count my blessing! (No offense to my CT friends)

What do yall think of these floods and tornadoes...God Bless those families of those scouts....

And a huge shout out to my BFF who just had a DARLING baby girl named Elsie Valentine.....Congratulations!

2 comments:

Valarie said...

Looks like fun. Are your boys wearing layers?!?! No wonder they are sweating!! ;) That is one of the weirdest things about adjusting to Florida life. Everyone just runs around here in their bathing suits since it is so hot. You go to the mall and see bathing suits.....go to the movies and see bathing suits....you go out to eat and see, you guessed it...bathing suits!!
Your friend's baby is adorable. She is EXACTLY the same size that Laney was. I bet you are excited about getting to meet her, huh??

Amanda B. said...

Those outdoor concerts are always so much fun! And, I so wouldn't have noticed the hand shadow if you hadn't pointed it out! :) but yes, a bit creepy! I know- this weather has been wild! I can't imagine 100 every day. It has been upper 80's here and lots of crazy storms. My heart just breaks for those scouts- so unfair- and such good kids. It is just awful!

Good luck in continuing surviving the heat! I agree, I would take heat over cold anyday!