Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bikers and Babes

Ethan loves anything with wheels....especially bikes. He was outside for hours in the 100 degree weather getting on and off Ryan's bike.....here's the proof


This weekend was another fun one, thanks to some very charitable ward members taking pity on the newcomers.

We were invited to a go out with about three other "cool" couples. It kinda felt like a friend audition. :) We went to this yummy Italian restaurant and sat under these mister fans (man's best friend in Texas) It was funny to listen to them talk about the "old days" but they were all 7-15 years older than us, so the old days were early 80's ........we are still not sure what the "flock of seagulls" hairstyle meant. I sat there and did my "pretend to know what you are talking about" laugh though. Lemme google it...

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH, that's what they were talking about....the boys must have been jealous about the amount of hairspray my resident 80's cheerleader big hair friend,Kelly you-know-who-you-are ,was using...hehehe


We finally talked Ryan into eating a Texas staple- BBQ Beef folks, as known as brisket! He ate 4 bites and he got a sticker on his chart, I was soooo proud! He is such a picker eater, but he has tried many new things this week thanks to out rewards system! All he wants is a speed racer car. We just keep letting him think they are really really expensive! He has tried a chicken and cheese burrito, BBQ, tortellini, a hamburger, and a turkey sandwich!


We have also spent a lot of time playing our newest Wii game....LEGO Indiana Jones! So fun! I'd like to think I am a "cool mom" because I play video games with my boys and I can MORE THAN hold my own! Oh yah!

This coming week I plan on painting my cabinets, working out, and go to the pool A LOT! Funny to think about my dismal life and then my BFF about any minute to go into labor with her third little darling! Good Luck my dear!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the chart idea for new food!! That is a great idea- and my kids love BBQ!! Cute vidoes- I am working on posting one, but it is taking hours to upload and still not working- not sure about that, but oh well.
Yes, the hairspray, my goodness, I do feel guilty!

Valarie said...

The videos are cute....but that child should be wearing a helmet!!!! Good to hear you are making friends there. Hopefully you had a good time out.

Amy Jane said...

awww, i love new posts!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel H said...

I am glad you went out with some people! Always good to socialize with new friends! I can't wait to show you pics when this little bundle comes.. =)