Thursday, June 5, 2008

Time to DISH!

I have been fighting it out with DISH NETWORK for the past 3 months. Mine is not the first horror story I've heard about these cable/dish providers. You sign up over the phone for one thing, and get billed for something totally different. Something totally more!!! When I signed up it was 29.99 plus $5 for local channels plus 5.98 for our DVR service fee. Ok no bigee...thats a little over $40.00 plus tax. Maybe I'm just cheap, but I hate paying this much!!

Soooo why is our bill been $53.98! We get 100 channels and a DVR and local programs.

Maybe I'm just cheap, but I hate paying this much!!


DOES THAT SOUND RIGHT????? What is you cable bill? And what do you get for it?

7 comments:

Kelly said...

We just left Dish for that very reason!! They reserved the right to charge you whatever- I hate them!! They still owe us money and we haven't seen it yet- Dana is in charge of that account and he is going to take care of it this week- I just despise paying for tv!! But, I do it, and now that we have a DVR, I love it! Sometimes you just have to pay, it stinks, I know!

Kelly said...

Sorry, Alex, is really me-Kelly

Valarie said...

They tend to whack you with taxes for cable. We have a bill that is phone, internet and digital cable with DVR and we pay $150 a month for it. So, at least to me, $50 doesn't sound so bad. I dunno about other places though...Florida tends to be pretty expensive. I do know that we can't get a dish here becuase the service goes otu everytime it rains...which is EVERYDAY in the summertime.

Shelly said...

You probably have some home maintance fee too. Which is actually good to have b/c Unlike cable, you have to pay if the box goes bad/remotes don't work. There are also LOTS of TAXES.

Amanda B. said...

We have the WOW cable service right now and I love it. We pay $99/month for digital cable, digital phone (FREE long distance in US), high speed internet, and DVR. There was a mix up in the bill at the beginning, but they worked with us and got it all figured out. I think it is a good price for all involved.

Kristen said...

we paid 80 with cablevision which is why we ditched it too.

Rachel H said...

I dont' have cable but I don't think that sounds all that high... but it probably would be cheaper if you did a package deal of some sort...