Monday, June 30, 2008

You know you're from Texas when.....

You get in your car from freezin your buns off outside and turn on the HEATER FULL BLAST! I didn't know I should've packed sweaters for me and the kids. I've heard "brrrrr" and I'm cold more in June in Ohio than I did in January in Texas....I guess it is safe to say we are official warm blooded Texans....

To backtrack a little, yes, we got here! We arrived at 5 on Friday night. We were all soooooooo glad to come around the corner to Grandma's house. HONK HONK HONK!!! The kids jumped out of the car and we all ran into the arms of our loved ones! Later Amy went outside to get something out of her car and came in and said, "Why is your license plate ducked taped to your car??????" They all looked at me and laughed. The real person they should be laughing at was not there to take the blow. The story is..Seth could not get our Ohio license off b/c is was rusted on there or something, so he just got some ducked tape out and went to town. Yes, I thought it was crazy but I just wanted to leave for my trip so GET IR DONE! My very handy dad's ears perked up and he just couldn't stand it. He had to go out and have a look. He took a look and said," you know you hear some people call Texan's 'BuBBA', well that's BUBBA!" HA HA HA


With that he marched into his garage came back with some tools and went to work. Let's just say that night I was driving duck-tape free.

We visited for a while and then I took off again this time for a short 20 min. ride to my BFF's house for a little R& R and a lot of girl talk and my second dinner of the night. She had made yummy fresh form her garden Carrabba's herb and garlic dip with fresh bread and then a fat free pie. It was Y-U-M-M-Y! I don't know she accomplished all this with her cute 2 week old babe!

Saturday we drove to our Grammy and Papa's house for a visit. Ryan took Papa straight away to play some computer games and Ethan re-acquainted himself with all their toys.
Saturday night it was time for more action-my favorite kind...a girl's night out!!! So me, Amy, Rachel and her sis Steph met at Cheesecake for some more yummy food...for me a 2000 calorie slice of Godiva Cheesecake....more Y-U-M-M-Y.

Today we went to Tar-jay, then to Panera for some soup because yes I am cold, have I mentioned that? And then we headed to see the new Disney Pixar movie Wall-E, isn't my mom cute. This is Ethan's FIRST movie! He did awesome! I wish I would have taken him sooner! He sat there the whole time, ate popcorn, apples and sucked his thumb! Yah it was fun...well that catches us up, to sum things up....O-H-I-O gotta loove it!

5 comments:

Valarie said...

Mmmm...Cheesecake Factory! My FAV is the fried Mac'n'Cheese! I think it's better than the cheesecake, even.
I am glad you got there safely and that your license plate is fixed. (Duct tape does fix everything, though!)
Have fun! Tell your family I say hello. (Are you gonna see Sarah, Kira, etc??)

Amy Jane said...

YAY!! I'm so glad your here!!!!!!

Amanda B. said...

No, your aren't just a warm blooded Texan- it has been COLD here!!! I just said to my dad- "summer was nice while it lasted!" It has been a very odd month! But, no worries, it is supposed to be in the 90s by the end of the week I think!!!! Hang in there! :)

LOVE the duct tape- sooooo funny! :)

Stephanie said...

It's funny to say that you are finally living in texas and we are kind of vacationing at the same time/place :)...I am glad you are having a blast and I will see you in a week or two.

Kelly said...

yeah, what is up with the weather?! I love summer, and this aint summer!!