Saturday, May 31, 2008

Satisfaction in San Antonio!!

Man I love exploring new places. We have been so lucky to live east coast close to Manhattan and now we not only live in a really beautiful city, but being close to San Antonio too!


It's a great city, with really big drawes such as the river walk, The Spurs basketball, the Alamo, Sea World, and who can not forget the TEMPLE!!

Last Saturday I went to the temple and Seth took the boys to Sea World. This Saturday we loaded up and ALL went to Sea World. We spent all our time at the Happy Harbour, which is the children's section of the park. Kiddie rides, fountains, and rope walls with slides.Ryan and I had so much fun on the mini amusement park rides. Remember the egg beater or the teacups ride, that was my favorite! This was a day you not only minded getting wet, I was walking up to the kiddie fountains and spraying myself. OK OK! I have to admit that getting wet was not my only design. I was sitting around with all the other moms/dads and then I started thinking to myself, "WHY AM I SITTING HERE, WATCHING ALL THE KIDS HAVE ALL THE FUN...NO WAY MAN!" SO i was the only adult splashing around in the fountains....whew that felt great! In-hibition....gotta love it, try it sometime!!!


So after about 3 hours of that we were off for the next thing on our agenda.....FILL OUR TUMMIES!! I happened to see that there was a RAINFOREST CAFE on the San Antonio river walk. (The river walk is a beautifully landscaped little river that runs through the heart on San Antonio, it is lined with restaurants and hotels. ) So I had heard it was an awesome place to eat, but wasn't really sure why....until today!!!! It was worth the short walk from our car! It was sooooooooo fun! We walk into this amazon place that is covered in fake ferns and birds and gorillas and snakes, and pandas! Oh, and tons of fish tanks. Every half hour it sounded like a thunderstorm. The kids drank out of these phycho-delic flashing lighted cup. Our dessert was shaped like a volcano, but was the best tasting brownie volcano I have ever had!

Then it was time to take a boat ride on the River Walk. SOOOO COOL! It's freggin Beautiful!!! There are so many yummy restaurants that are along there that I can't wait to try! Gotta Love It!!

6 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Wow! What an awesome weekend! And that brownie volcano....worth everything right there!!!!! :)

everyday katie said...

I think Rainforest Cafe has a fantastic atmosphere, but I've never been too impressed with the food. We went for Reid's birthday this year and the crazies loved it.

My friends talk about the river walk all the time. They say it's totally worth the drive.

Very fun!

Kelly said...

You do some fun stuff with your kids!! I am not even telling mine about your fun weekend- they would again tell me I am a bad mom! You are so great!! Yummy food too!

Valarie said...

Ok, so I think we are living parallel lives. We went to Seaworld and spent an extended amount of time playing in the fountains (me included) and went to the Rainforest Cafe and ate a volcano and we went on a beautiful boat ride. I do agree with Katie about the food, exclusing the Volcano, the food at Rainforest is nothing to brag about. It is worth it for the atmosphere, though. Can't wait to hear more stories about the river walk.

Rachel H said...

WOW! I am so glad you had such a fun time! How weird is it that we leave living by SAN ANTONIO, and move to OHIO, only to have you leave OHIO and move to near SAN ANTON?? We loved the riverwalk too and always took our visitors there when we had them. I will still say my probably favorite thing in that area are the amazing outlets tho... =) Sans kids, of course!

Sarah Lunt said...

Lisa, it was so good to hear from you! I'm happy to see that you are enjoying Texas. I wish we could move to Austin but apparently they have soooo many orthodontists that it's very difficult for new ones to break in....so we'll see. Your family is so cute, we have to keep in touch!

Love this blog stuff...it's so nice to keep in touch with old friends.