Thursday, May 29, 2008

"I'm going on a date with my mom tonight!"

These are the words I heard him tell his 5 year old pre-school classmate today....that was when I was sure he truly was excited about going out with his old momma.....
From the beginning, Ryan has been collecting those McDonald's speed racer cars, I have to admit they are pretty cool. We really have not been going to McDonald's at all lately, I don't even know how this began! Marketing at its best because now we have to get the whole collection...especially the "Mach 5" Tonight he finally got it and he started jumping up and down at the Mc Donald's Counter....
So subsequently he really wanted to go see the Speed Racer movie. So this morning I thought why not, me and Ryan can go together. So I was like, "Ryan! Want to go on a date with mama? You can pick out the restaurant and then we will go see Speed Racer!" He started jumping up and down and said, "YES!" Awww so sweet. I said where do you want to eat and he was like McDonald's...oh what we do for our kids. I don't eat at McDonald's, we get carry out if anything. So I cringed and said, "OK!"


All day was a countdown, it was two more 4 more hours and then 3,2,1, then minutes. We ran into friends and he told them he was going on a date with his mom. If only that was still cool when he is 15! I told him he had to take a nap because we would be out late and like a robot he said, YES mommy and went and got in bed.


I showered, got dressed and came downstairs and he said, "OH Mommy you look pretty. yes, you look very pretty!" AWWWWW he is sooo sweet, he just makes my heart melt!!!


AT 5:19 on the dot, he started screaming,"one more minute!!!"and I started screaming and out the door we went. We talked about just about everything, he kept saying "THIS IS DEFINING!" I think he was trying to say exciting??????


We had 5 minutes to play on the playground and when it was time to leave, he excitingly said, OK mom, threw on his shoes and off he went. There was no arguing, moving snail speed as usual.I reveled in the moment and smiled to all the other moms as they looked at me like, HOW DID SHE DO THAT????

SO, then we got cookies and potty and then, GO SPEED RACER GO!!!



It was a BLAST! I know it didn't get good reviews but I liked it a lot and so did Ryan, every racing scene he held his little McDonald's car out front and made racing noises as he moved his car around...so cute
At the end he adjust himself and says, "I want to give you a kiss," leans over and kisses me on the cheek! Sweetest boy on EARTH!!!!
It was sooo fun ! We had a great time. I am so grateful to have such a sweet special son!!!

9 comments:

Amanda B. said...

wow- what an awesome night! :):) He will remember that forever!

Kelly said...

That is so cute! I am glad you take the time to do individual stuff with your boys- it is priceless time! I loved the anticipation from him! So adorable!

Valarie said...

Awww, so cute. When I signed on this morning he was waiting for me. :) He told me he saw the movie and was showing me the car he had. He told me all he wanted to do that day was play with his car. Boys can be little psychos, but they sure are sweet little psychos!

Shelly said...

Ryan is SUCH A SWEET boy. An dwe all know who he gets that from....both of y'all. He is so great cause he had great parents. YEa for you!


tell seth I gotta go where the oil flows ~ TX "get r done"

everyday katie said...

Lisa...that is so sweet! What a great kiddo (and a great mom). Fun night. I should do that with my boys.

brittneyboucha said...

when we were litle we took turns going on mommy and daddy dates and it was so fun and special. we plan to do it with our kids. im sue you had a blast and will always remember it.

Kristen said...

how cute. I will have to remember to do this with my kids.

Buckeye Steve said...

I remember when Ryan said, "the best time I had that day was dancing with my Mom!"

Amy Jane said...

i'm glad you took pictures! i'm getting so excited for you guys to come!!!!