Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day Four........Success!!

YaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The harder the work, the more exciting the PAY-OFF! All of those that potty train, know the feeling the first time they actually pee in the potty!

I digress. This morning I gave Ethan 3 juice boxes (big mistake, don't give your potty training child juice, see below for why) and we watched 3 BABY EINSTEINS and Ethan sat on his potty the whole time without coaxing.

Finally he started to pee!!!!! Just a drop, then I think he got scared and stopped... he said, "UH OH" I said it's ok keep going, but he wanted up.

So we jumped up and down, we high-fived, we yelled, we got candy....then I walked away and he peed all over the floor, then I cleaned that up and he pooped all over the floor, I got that cleaned up and new underwear......and HE POOPED again...remember the JUICE? OK can I say RUNS!!! Oh man, this was the final straw...I kinda lost it and had to vent to my potty-training Coach VAL. She gave me some new advice and encouraged me to keep going, especially since he did pee once.

So Ethan was down for a nap. I woke him up and he was DRY!!! So I sat him on the potty and wham bam thank you mam, he peed and not a few drops, like a full-on fill the cup pee!!! Ok so twice.

We had one accident in between, but then right before bed he peed again.

SO that's 3 times!!! FOR my 25 month old. I was sooooo happy. Like just got engaged happy, or just found out you are pregnant happy, or got your dream job happy. Elated happy!

Persistence did pay off, I know this is far from over, but it gave me the encouragement to keep going, that progress is being made and it can be done.

This is to no mo' DIAPERS!!!!

Thanks so much to everyone for your words of encouragement and especial thanks to VAL!!! THis is a picture of Ethan saying "YAH, while eating a full-on candy bar!" OH YA!!!

4 comments:

Valarie said...

Yeah! It's like one of those yogurt commercials where the girls are like "This is like shoe shoppin' good."
I am so happy for you. Just remember to not get frustrated if he has accidents tomorrow. Just think...you are now DONE with diapers!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

See it's a 3-5 day job of connection...That's awesome! Pee pee in the potty...pee pee in the potty...(conga line song or from the Look Whose Talking movie)...but keep trying!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly said...

Is that an entire candy bar I see in his hand?! I love it!! We went through 2 bags of starburst and twizzlers for Celeste- she would go and go and go, as long as she knew there was candy, and finally after a week, I had to say no to more candy for peeing, so that she didn't get 6 starburst by 9am!! Way to go!!

Amanda B. said...

Congrats on the progress! He'll get there. I hope it keeps getting better- I know it is frustrating!