Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day Two...frustration sets in for both


The day was just about the exact same as yesterday, except the novelty has worn off and the challenge was getting him to sit on the potty at all and then to get him to sit on there for more than 3 seconds. I'm trying to keep it positive and make him not want to do it.
Finally, there is still no pee going into the potty, still the same amount of wet undies.
I guess I can say that he was sometimes saying pee pee BEFORE he peed, but not enough time for me to run him to the potty.
Any suggestions Val? or anybody...oh and yes, we used the toddler potty today in the family room and Ryan went in it two times and was rewarded with a candy bar. Ryan thinks its a pretty good gig, now to convince Ethan.....
I AM NOT GIVING UP!!! Pray Pray Pray!!!!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you :)...I still think you should try the warm water stimulation...It's worth a shot. Although, I did have fun today. Mika and I are taking it all in :)...

Amanda B. said...

Hang in there- I understand first hand how frustrating potty training is- it was a nightmare for both of my boys. I would say, though, since you have made the switch to the underwear, don't switch back. When you go out, a pull up is fine because it absorbs the mess, but still reinforces "big boy" pants, to an extent. It may take more than a few days....Kenny was a little more than a week- Jacob was almost 2 weeks of peeing and pooping in pants. But, they eventually did it. Good luck to you- I wish you the best!

Valarie said...

Just stick with it. Evan did the same thing where he got to the point that he didn't even want to sit on the potty anymore. Just keep with it and remember to not get upset about it. It's not an easy process, but he will get there. Just keep telling yourself.....a few rough weeks and then NO MORE DIAPERS!!!!!!! (You can actually carry a purse again instead of a DIAPER bag!)

The Parkers said...

You're not going to like this, but I say give up. He's still really young and every kid does it at a different time. If you force it now (sounds like he's not ready), you'll be living in you-know-where for at least a year. Some boys aren't ready till 3 or even 4. Tate was a living nightmare. We call that year the dark year. Sorry. Don't be mad at me.