Tuesday, April 1, 2008

No more Couch Potatoes!

When we were engaged, my mother in-law knew someone who was moving and trying to get rid of an apartment full of furniture... so for $1000 we got 2 couches, table, chairs, bed, dresser, end table, vacuum, pictures and a marijuana pipe...hehe.

These couches have been awesome...so comfy and good...but every dog has its day...and after 2 babies spitting up on them, food spilling on them, coloring book on them...these couches were screaming at me to let them go!

So today is the day I have been waiting for...it seems like my whole marriage. The day I get to go pick out living room furniture, pick out fabrics and have them delivered. It's like having a baby almost...to see what you've been cooking up....how it turned out! SO here it is....


***DISCLAIMER, I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE GYM AND I HAVE NOT TAKEN A SHOWER YET......EWWW GROSS!!!!"






Oh and this is for you Allison....I tried the duck tape. To fill everyone else in....

Ethan as described earlier is a crib stripper. He lays down and thinks to himself "I have nothing to do but lay here and go to sleep, OR I can go No. 1 or 2 and then strip down and play in it! " To my disgust he chooses option #2 and I wash sheets at least once a day, sometimes two! Anyway, we have been wrapping a belt around his hips and sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

So a friend said her child did the same and recommended duck tapping the diaper on. Well, I found a role and thought I would try it out.

This is the result..... ( the groin cloth is for modesty)

12 comments:

Kelly said...

What the heck is that picture of Ethan? I am glad none of my kids ever took their diaper off and played in it! I look forward to new furniture someday, but unfortunately we just have slip covers for now!

Jennifer Woodbury said...

Wow, LOVE your new furniture!! And you poor thing, even duct tape won't work on Ethan?!

Valarie said...

Your furniture looks GREAT!!!! I wouldn't expect anything less from you.
About Ethan.....my suggestion is to try and potty train him. I know it's a big thing to take on since he is young, but two of my three potty trained shortly after they turned 2. It's worth a shot and it might save you a big headache. The other thing is have you ever heard of the diaper thing called Cheekee baby? I have never used it, but I have a friend who did and lovit worked on her littel boy. Just google it. I am sure they have a website.

Amy Jane said...

yay!!! lisa it looks so good! im so happy for you guys! i am SOOO excited to come see it in person! i need sissy bonding time and soon!

Amy Jane said...

oh, and the ethan pic is really funny! prolly not for you but from an aunt who doesn't have to clean anything up its pretty funny!!

The Parkers said...

he he he. That gave me a good early morning chuckle.
Oh, and I really like the furniture.

everyday katie said...

THat's not really your house?!! It's like straight out of a magazine. Nobody really lives like that, especially with kids. I'm jealous. I'd love to pick out all new furniture...a whole room full at once. We're the piece here and there kind. So nothing matches that well.

I have a friend out here whose kid does the same thing. I'll ask her for suggestions. Changing crib sheets is the worst.

Kristen said...

i love the furniture, your kids seem to like it too.

Shelly said...

Great choice for funiture I love it! So the first thing that came to my mind for ethan is try pullups. They might be harder for him to take off and if they have a cool car on them he might want to keep on. just a thought.

Amanda B. said...

hey, about the diaper- I was telling my friend about it, who said another friend had the same problem. They would get one piece footless pj's and put them on backwards so the zipper was in the back. And, if extra protection still needed, safety pin the zipper shut as well! She said it worked for them- good luck- I really feel for you!

Rachel H said...

YAY LISA!!!! What a happy time for you! It's PERTY! =) Have you looked for a rug anywhere? Window treatments and a rug and you've got a magazine ready living room!! =) Fun! I want to COME and see...

Stephanie said...

I love the way you decorate. You should really think about this for a living...or for fun. You definitely have the talent.