Thursday, April 3, 2008

How to Treat the Windows....the design

WARNING: THIS IS A BORING POST.....EXCEPT FOR RACHEL....
Tah Duh, just for you Rachel. I had this design Epiphany the other night. This is a combination of about 4 other designs. I like it because it does not hide the curvature of the outside top windows and I have material between the middle window and outside window, but it doesn't get in the way of the fireplace and decor above....anyway....just have to shop for material and find a coupon... :) Oh, and rugs, yes...I have done some preliminary shopping. Wanted furniture to come first so I could see what color tones I wanted for color variation. I think I'm going to do a plain shag rug in family room in a light egg-shell or maybe khaki. In the dining room....I think a traditional pattern with fringe....we''ll see. They can be VERY expensive. Any ideas on where to find them the cheapest let me know! I need:
Family room (tan, brown, green, light blue)
Office (light blue, reds, browns)
Dining (aloe green)
Entry (browns, tans, green)

2 comments:

Hillary said...

I'm not sure how big they come here, or if there's even one near you, but Kohls sells rugs for decent prices and they usually have some pretty ones. Ikea is another place to look, they have good ones too.

Rachel H said...

Lisa,
Looks fabulous dahhling! I am so proud of my BFF!! You are doing a beautious job dear. I LOVE the window idea. Elegant and yet still let light in.
Really you should be able to find a rug in a million places. I actually got our living room rug at lowe's of all places, and you know it's really pretty- but I like knowing that it's not real wool and worth like $5000K so I don't feel guilty if a toddler spills a sippy on it or whatever. It is a 9x12 or 13ft and was like 400- I think! Remember bigger is better with rugs!! Don't shrink the space with a tiny rug. 8x10 or BIGGER.

So I guess I am reccomending anywhere that sells something that is AFFORDABLE and STYLISH and BIG. That equals kid-friendly in my mind. (Even if it doesn't look it!!)

BTW, where did you get your furniture at? All the same place or different places? Did you get those paintings in the dining room new too? I like them!