Thursday, April 3, 2008

I will make you happy mommy!

So today was the delivery day for the dining room furniture. I originally had the room designed differently and when they came and dropped it, I hated it. I was totally bummed and complaining. To top it off, the china cabinet was missing a leg. EXCUSE ME??? I've waited how long for this and now you tell me it's missing a leg???? And one of the legs is too short. So my options: wait till June for a new one, or have a "technician" come out and fix/replace? Hmmmm, have your tech dude come out. Let's just say stressed. I wanted to start moving stuff around but I couldn't b/c Ethan had a Dr. appt. so I had to just leave it.Ryan picked up that I was stressed.. and said, "Lisa, I will make you happy...if I give you a hug?" Inside I was screaming, NO YOU LITTLE PERSON-THAT WILL NOT MAKE ME HAPPY!" But the side of me that didn't want to scare my son for life came out and kneeled down and let him hug me...then I forced a smile and said, "AWW you made me happy." "OK we have to go, Ryan-SHOES....Ethan where the heck are you...ETHANnnnnn........"


So I came home from Ethan's well check (new doctor talked a mile a minute, not my first, is that a MD class? How to think fast enough to talk like a auctioneer) Anyway, I got straight to work.


Growing up we had zero decorations in our room, so when we got sick of our rooms, my sisters and I would re-arrange our furniture. Little 10 year old girls moving dressers, beds, whatever...it didn't matter how heavy or hard. I had a idea and there was no stopping me. I didn't even care that much about scraping our new hardwood floors (it didn' t though) I just had to get this furniture re-arranged the way I wanted it. OK SET


Then I pulled out the plastic- wear I had purchased from linen's and things. Yes, I said PLASTIC. It's not a CHINA-cabinet...it's a PLATI-cabinet. Hey they were cute, cheap and looked like glass! I rigged the phone book to put behind one of the plates to get it to stand up. hehe


OH, and MANDY...thank you!!! That suggestion about the wearing sleeper backwards, with the zipper in the back...genius. BUT....It's Texas and HOT...so I mentioned it to my doctor and she was like DUH, cut the sleeves and feet out! DUHHHHH why didn't I think of that? So he looks like baby Tarzan, but he woke up from his nap NOT smelling like roses, but at least the load was contained in a nice little package this time instead of strewn about...ugh yucky.

3 comments:

Amy Jane said...

LISA IT LOOKS SOOO GOOD!! im so impressed with your skills!

everyday katie said...

Brilliant! Spencer said he could have a career as the next harry hudini.

Stephanie said...

LOL I soooo remember you moving around the furniture. Everytime that I came over (everyday) it was different...lol. I do like the new look. Very nice!