Monday, April 21, 2008

Snips and Snails and......SPIDERS!!!!

I don't remember that in the ryhm although I don't know what snips are..maybe that is spider in mothergoose language???

So I am sitting at my computer watching the new English Child phenomenon Andrew Johnston on youTUBE. Then a shawdow at my side, with the "uh uh uh uh" noise. The uh noise that we as mothers find forgetable and we are deaf to for the first minute or so. See I am ingrossed in watching this 13 year sing like an ANgel. "uh uh uh uhuhu uh uh uh uh uh" Then I see his little hand out of the corner of my eye and something black. "uhu uh uh uh uh" I turn to look at this little toddler hand that he is thrusting at me and I try not to scream...SPIDER!!!! Surprise Surprise a LIL BOY brought a SPIDER to his mom. Now that is a first for history, I'm sure. But I was made to be a mom of boys actually becasue spiders don't really scare me. I tried to get the spider of his hand first, but then I realized this would make a good blog and put my little childs life on the line to get this shot.....
....then trying to get a better picture, the lil spider gets camera shy and decided this is his stop. At that he jumps of Ethan's little hand and onto my floor and away he runs never to be caught again.
But really check out that link to see that lil boy sing...AMAZING!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ryan found a candy necklace...ok so not really found. Climbed up on top of the counters pulled the old candy bag down from the top shelf cabinet and helped himself. Well, the next thing I know he is being followed by an open mouthed JAWS baby named ETHAN. DUH na DUH na DUH na. I wish I had a picture of that but I did get a picture of Ryan being the nice brother he is and sharing.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As many of you that know our Ryan...he is a picky eater and getting him to try something new was like forcing Iraq into independence. Not easy. It usually lead to him gagging and inducing a barfaroni....ewwwwww. So it was to our utter amazment when he decided he wanted to try some of Seth's hamburger.....

AND LIKED IT>>>>EVEN WANTED MORE????????????????

So we made him his very own and he ate the whole thing. He didn't want anything on it, true to Ryan he still likes things plain. Just the bun and meat and ketchup, but this is HUGE!!!!

(Ryan gnawing on the very last bite....YUM YUM!!!)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Celeste just found a spider on the wall a few minutes ago- though she wouldn't touch it, or even look in the tissue after I killed it! I don't let bugs live if they are in my house- outside, yes, inside, no! She is really afraid of bees, and lately we have these huge carpenter bees by our garage, so she has wanted to stay indoors= can't say I blame her! Happy to hear Ethan is eating better- who knew a hamburger would do the trick?! What are you fixing, tofu?!

Amanda B. said...

Ugh- I would have died!!!! I can't handle spiders well! Yikes!!!!!!!

Valarie said...

Ha! I don't mind spiders inside my house. I figure they help out by eating some of the more annoying bugs.
Kyle will only eat his hamburger plain. Nothing but the bun and the burger.