Thursday, April 24, 2008

Addiction....blank-a-holic


Ok so here goes. I KNEW I had one child (Shapoopie, age 2) that is a blankie boy. It's pretty obvious when he carried it around kinda like Linus. I never at all considered or knew I had another....BUT secretly, lurking I have discovered yet another.


This 5 year old intelligent LOVES his comforter. How did I come to know this..hear me out.


There have been many a night through Ryan's life that I say, "it's too hot for your comforter tonight, just sleep with your sheet," and always he can't part with it and I find him later with his tangled body wrapped in it. So I go in before I go to bed and rip it off his sweaty little body.


So last night went the same, I was more sincere this time, "Ryan, you are not aloud to sleep with this comforter tonight, we live in Texas and Texas is hot and you will get to hot and sweaty so you CAN NOT sleep with it!" He didn't argue so I thought all was well. Well about 1/2 later he came out and announced over the side of the balcony, " I think I need to go potty, I have a sweaty pee pee." OH GASH, ARE YOU FRIGGIN KIDDING ME!!!! Did I need to know that? BOYS!!! So he tried to go potty and nothing came out and I said, "Ryan this is why you CAN"T sleep with your comforter." He exclaims, "but I don't like the pattern of the other one(sheet)." The pattern??? THE PATTERN???? Where do you come up with these things! "Ryan, you are going to have to get used to the pattern!" Of he went to bed. I resumed my watching of Wife Swap.....hmmm so about 10:00p.m. I decide It's time for some shut-eye. As always, on my way to my room I stop to check on the boys. I walk over to Ryan's bed and see a dark shadow. Where is his head? I get closer. UGH HE HAD PULLED UP HIS COMFORTER and not only that, he had pulled it all the way OVER HIS HEAD!!!


I pulled it back and I swear I FELT a wave of heat rush toward me with gusto. WHAT THE??? Ryan is soaked, drenched, just got of the log ride at sea world drenched. There is a 8cm diameter wet spot where his head had laid. Geesh! I pull it down and pull the sheet up. I figure his wet body will cool him of now.


ANYWAY, tonight I bring it up again. "Ryan, YOU CAN NOT HAVE YOUR COMFORTER TONIGHT B/C lat night I walked in and found you all sweaty...blah blha blah"....and he goes,


"Lisa, I wasn't SWEATY, I have a LEAKY CHIN!!!!"


BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA


I laughed until the cows came home, till my knees where weak, and till..........


Where in the world does he get this stuff!!! So after some arguing and overcoming patterns talk he agreed to the sheet tonight, but It's time for me to go to bed and you know what that means...it's time to go peel of his COMFORTER to reveal a pool of water due to a LEAKY CHIN!!!
)

7 comments:

Amanda B. said...

What a hoot! Kids are so crazy!:):)

everyday katie said...

Parker is exactly the same. IT's disgusting.

I love that he calls you Lisa. I always wanted a kid who called me by my first name. I think it's hilarious.

Valarie said...

Leaky chin...hahaha.....funny!!!

Kelly said...

That is too funny! I love what that boy comes up with!

Rachel H said...

Lisa that is so funny! I still think its so funny how he calls you Lisa- Today is Marks bday and as we sang a morning rendition of "Happy Birthday" to Daddy, Lena said "Happy Birthday to MAaa-rrK" and I sang, "Happy Birthday to Daddy..." Isn't that kinda mixed up? haha.

Shelly said...

Bekah's blankie has magical powers. She use to rub it on her bo-bos to make them feel better. She dosen't do that anymore but she still like to sleep with them.

Autumn said...

OH MY GOSH. That is hilarious!!!!!!! I love it love it love it. So funny how he would care about the pattern!?!! And so funny that he calls you Lisa!! What a hoot.