Thursday, March 6, 2008

YOU'RE FIRED!!!

Ok, remember the dude you saw in the picture below taking of the tile around the fireplace...ya well, he was over an hour late everyday, got two days behind schedule and to top it of was doing a really really bad job. I couldn't sleep after the second day I was so worried. So I woke Seth (a scary thing to do, kinda like waking a sleeping bear) and told him I think we should put a stop payment on our 50% deposit check and let him go! Seth agreed and wed. morning he pulled up in our driveway, his saw everything on the pavement and Seth told him it was not working out. He took it a lot better than we thought. So we are out three days and loads of stress. I gotta find someone who can do the job in the next 4 days and do it for my cheap price. That means me calling every contractor I had worked with in the past that I liked and asked them if they did any flooring or they knew anyone who did. This is the result. Miguel can lay my wood floors, but it needs to be demo'd first. Another contractor that would lay tile for me at too much will demo the floor for me, and I'm having the brother in-law of the painter Julio, lay my tile and backsplash. Miguel, Martine, and Julio. Mi tres amigos are coming through for me at the last mintue! I know they will do a good job. So my enteryway is being jackhammers right know and my house is a dust ball. I tried to take a pic and look what happened...

I am so glad for this mess though, because it means progress is being made.


Today is my dad's bithday. What a wonderful man he is. Dilligent, humble, sweet, funny(yes, dad you can be really really funny), generous, hard working...there are any good adjectives! This man is the best grandfather too. Do you know a man that will walk in circles for hours with a fussy baby because he likes too! Or a man that will sit on the ground and play with little kids for hours! I am so lucky to be his daughter. Can't wait to see you next week! Love ya Dad!

6 comments:

everyday katie said...

That is an incredible picture of your dad.

Good luck on the house. It sounds like quite the overhaul.

Valarie said...

Contractors suck! But at least the painter came through for you! Happy birthday to your dad! Remember when Eve thought he was mute? :) That is hilarious. He is a really good man and I am sure he is the prefect Grandpa. March is a big month for your family, birthday-wise, huh?? Are you going to Ohio or is your dad coming there? Oh, and did you guys get snow? My friend in Allen said it is snowing there!

Kelly said...

I had no idea your house would require so much demolition and overhaul! It looked beautiful from the first pictures! Happy Birthday to your dad= we love him too and are glad we get to see him each week! Leah really loved him in nursery when we first moved here- you are a lucky girl!!

Autumn said...

I love this picture of your Dad. I remember the first time I saw him in our ward after we moved in-just the way you described him. He was playing on the ground with kids in nursery. Happy birthday to him! Good luck with your house...!!

Stephanie said...

Just remember..."This to shall pass"...it will work out. You will find the one contractor that you like and stick with it. Your house is going to be gorgeous! I wish I can come over everyday ;). Unfortunately, I can't...gas is way too expensive. Yay, Happy Birthday to your dad. I also love this picture of him. Also, I set up my account to blog here. I don't normally blog, but I thought I would give it a try.

Home Management Group said...

What a beautiful picture of your dad!