Thursday, March 27, 2008

NEED MORE STICKS!!!!

Ok so I admit, I am a marathon decorator...usually. We have moved 10 times, yes TEN TIMES in 7 years and each time I have unpacked and fully decorated our place with-in one week.....that means pictures hung and all.


Then we move to Texas. A new start for us, an end for our old decor, it ran the good race, it fought a good fight, but in the end it's just plain old outdated....ode to forest green and Burgundy!



So two months into our new house adventure, I finally hung my first thing. It's actually is an oldie, BUT GOODIE! It looks great over the mantle and I can't seem to find a replacement, so give three cheers for what as become known as the "iron swirly thingy"


The other pieces you may recognize from a former post were I scored on some 50% off global bizarre Tar-Jay goods!

This mantle came together like this:

Put vase on shelf, step back stare....adjust, add a piece, step back stare....take away a piece, step back....stare....idea to stomp around in the dark backyard and collect sticks at 10 at night....stomp, stomp stomp.....put sticks in vase....step back, stare.....this went on for two hours and the above is the result....STILL NOT SURE!!!

Just for kicks lets get the before:

************************************************************************


My next victim was the art niche. I've never had one of these....a new challenge. It was higher than it was wide, so what to fill the height??? I had no picture...hmmmm. I thought about the shell bowl, ok that works and the 2 large glass vase...hmmm I think I have some planter pebbles and glass rocks in my craft box....that would look good in them....hmmmm it would look good with....NEED MORE STICKS!!!! Bugs, snakes, the dark...nothing can stop a decorator on a mission for sticks.....


Tah Duh, what do ya think?

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Beautiful house, beautiful blog! I love all the changes- you are quite the interior designer- one of my passions, so someday I will get to do it myself too! I love it all!

Kristen said...

will you come decorate my house? I love it.

Valarie said...

Yeah, I need you to come decorate my house, too. Taht is, whenever I actually get a house. :)
I have always loved your swirly thingy. I was glad to see it hanging there on the wall. Tracy has one like it and I am always trying to figure out how I can steal it without her noticing. :)
I like the new layout with all the new pics.

Rachel H said...

Okay, I already wrote a really long comment that somehow was deleted..so I will sum up!

Great JOB!!!=) Isn't it fun!!

I am waiting to see those cabinets painted too- can't wait!

Rachel H said...

okay, I want to offer some colorful suggestions for you art niche. It is a large opening that would look great with some color and mass in it. The clear vases and plate are all pretty, but something with more OOMPH might look really cool too.

Here

or maybe thisit might need to be like this but bigger.

Thishas impact

I will send more links too... =)