Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The overture

I will call this juncture in our home the overture. This is beacuse although I have all new flooring and paint, the house is a blank canvas as of know to which I hope to add furniture and decorations...but as of now here is the results of 2 1/2 weeks of HE-ll!

This is the new entertainment unit, the only peice of furniture we have purchased, and Seth new big "A" T.V. which he soooo deserves. He never buys for himself, nothing, so he is really happy with his new toys...


The new wood floor!!!






Our carpenter added chair rail to the dining room for $30 bucks! Go Miguel Go!

You can see the new tile floor here, and in the backround...this is the old forest green farmhouse table that I spent hours taping, priming, painting and then antiquing (you would be so proud Rachel, I wiped the brown paint with a rag and it tunrned out soooo good!)I still have yet to paint the cabinets, but I WILL! My mommy is here today yah!
I built legs for the mantle and painted it and here is the new tile too!

My mommy is here and I am so excited, a great end to all this hard work getting house together! A week of eating too much, playing too much and parting!


9 comments:

Shelly said...

It Looks soo nice! I'm so glad your mom came to visit. Can't. wait to check out your new pad in person. Have fun at Sea world. Give Shamu(sp) a kiss for me.

Amy Jane said...

aww, yay! its looking so good! sad, that you stole my mommy though :)

The Cochran Family said...

booo...YUH!!!

Kelly said...

Your house is gorgeous, with at capital G!! I love all of it- maybe someday we will visit!! Glad you have Judy there- she is so great, too!!

Valarie said...

Sooo cute! I love it all. I especially love that green color with the white trim. Your kitchen looks great.
My mom comes in a couple weeks. I can't wait. I haven't seen her for 3 months. Enjoy having your mama there. Tell her I say hello.

Aggieland Mom said...

Your house looks gorgeous! I love the entry way and the green walls...beautiful!

Hillary said...

What a beautiful home! Looks like you guys have lots of room there for your boys to run around. You are great at decorating, if we ever get a house I'll have to pick your brain for decorating ideas.

Kristen said...

your house looks so good.

Autumn said...

Gorgeous!!! Looks great!!! I love the colors.