Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The rents have left the building.....so what to do?

So long fare well.....it was soooo nice to see my parents! I got up at 5:30 a.m. this morning to take them to the airport. (Don't be sad, me and Ethan went back to bed and slept till 9 a.m.

YOU WILL BE MISSED!!!

ANYWAY, since they've left I decided to do laudry all day and catch up on my DVR that is almost full!!!

Ethan went down for his nap at the normal time, but it didn't surprise me that it took him a while to fall asleep since he slept till 9...Ethan is a stripper. He gets bored in his crib and proceeds to strip down butt naked. I have to check on him till I know he asleep to make sure he has his diaper on for obvious reasons. Today I cheked on him twice and then I THOUGHT I was in the STRIP-FREE ZONE

I WAS SORELY WORNG!!!! Have you ever heard of cow pies? You may know where I'm going with this...At 4 p.m. I hear him whine, I open the door and see chocolate tracks leading to a oval shapped cow pie, AKA Ethan pie. PEEEEE-EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Gross! The prissy self in me wanted to run screaming in refusal to deal with such a sight, but the mamma in me prevailed and simply lifted my friendly pooper into the tub, scrubbed his hiney( and yes scrubbed, you know what food does when it sits in fresh air) and then lifted the sheets, carried them to the potty, peeled of the "Ethan pie", plooped into the comode*****************FLUSH**************************

Spray and wash and a HEAVY DUTY cycle later, we have fresh buns and fresh sheets.

What else is new? Oh Ryan asked me if I got in trouble when I was a kid. I should've lied, but I said, yes, except I had to sit in time out for 30min. to 1 hr. with my face facing the wall! So you are lucky b/c you only have to sit in time out for 5 minutes. He said but you are 30 yrs. old so thats ok! There was more explaining....gotta love these lazy days!

3 comments:

Amanda B. said...

oh wow..... I am proud of how you dealt with this! I would have died.... so sorry! You will be rewarded in heaven some day! :)

Valarie said...

Awwww, takes me back to the days when Kyle would play in his poo. Man, I am so glad that is behind us now!! I bet Seth appreciates that the mommy inside of you prevailed.

everyday katie said...

I still can't believe you did that for one of my kiddos. Do you remember...visiting teaching a few days after I had surgery and Reid had the blowout of a lifetime? Without hesitation, you scooped him up and plopped him in my tub. Then proceeded to return almost everyday that week to help me with nap time and vacuum my floors. You were an incredible visiting teacher for those few short months. Thanks!