Friday, February 22, 2008

You get one bean...you get the whole burrito

This is the phenomenan was explained to me by my cousin. See, her family owns and operated an Alstate Insurance office. When they had one Mexican sign up, the next thing you know...there cousin, grandma, brother, mother are all calling to sign up.

Well, I asked for one bean...I got the WHOLE burrito so to speak.... it all started about a month ago when I was referred to this painter and he came by and gave me a quote. This week I called and said I was ready to get started with the job. He said ok I'll be there at 8:30 Thursday morning. OK I said, Great! I fully expected him and him alone to come do the job, which is a mighty task none the less (painting 2300 sq. ft., half of which is 2-story ceilings).

Anyway at 8:30 Thursday morning there is a knock at the door. I was so surprised at the promptness because working with contractors in the past, if they say 1 p.m. that really means 3:30-6. Anyway, I open the door to see 6 Mexicans standing on my stoop...buckets, brushes, ladders...in they walk one after the other. I smile and nod at each one of them as they shuffle in. Within 1/2 hour I had 6 spiders climbing the wall painting my world beautiful!! YAH!!! Here is one picture, I will show more when I get my furniture so I can do one big reveal...anyway this is the entry way overlooking the dining on the right in green and office on the left in blue. Yes, the entry is painted after my favorite thing in the world...chocolate brown!!!

BTW calling all mexicans "beans" is like what...calling all americans by thier favorite side dish which would be what potatoes? " You call one potatoe, you maybe get one potatoe" te-hee....it's getting late....

5 comments:

everyday katie said...

LOVE the colors. I'm dying to see the rest of the pictures.

Amy Jane said...

ditto katie!!!!

Amy Jane said...

ok, not to be a blog comment hogger... but i noticed something else....there is the most gorgeous thing coming in through your windows....is that....could it be.... SUN!! this ohio weather has got me in a funk :(

Valarie said...

One of the rooms in our house is painted that same brown color and we call it the "chocolate" room. :) It's actually only one of two rooms in the entire house that is painted anyting other than white....
Your home looks great. Can't wait to see the other pics.
Are you gonna take on the challenge I passed to you on my blog???

Aggieland Mom said...

I LOVE those colors, I can't wait to see more! (by the way, I WISH I had even $500 or whatever dollars to spend at Target!! You lucky dog you!)