Sunday, February 24, 2008

Voices in my head

Shout out to my sistas....Michele and Amy and anyone else who wants to know what goes on in my head (it's a scary place!)


What are the voices in you head? Do you ever hear mom's voice saying "clean your room!" or "Lisa, stop dancing and _____________(fill in the blank) start doing th dishes, clean your room, fold the towels.....

Last night I was cleaning up the kitchen finally after a week of construction and I turn on my jukebox. I open the dishwasher and then I start to "feel the music" The next thing I know I am lost in my little DANCING WORLD. Fliting through my kithen with towel and spatula in hand. Suddenly I hear the "VOICE" in my head......

My Mom: "Lisa you've been doing the dishes for an hour and a half, WHY is it taking so long!!! Stop dancing and FINISH!!!"

Then..........

This morning I am rinsing the breakfast dishes for the dishwasher. I had the stream of water on FULL BLAST (I say this morning, but this is in my head nearly EVERY time I am rinsing anything) and I hear my wonderful father's voice in my head...

Dad: " A little stream of water does just as good, Lisa" as he pushes the nozzle of the faucet down decreasing the stream of water from FULL BLAST to a little more than a trickle....
(This is my new sink :)
What are the voices in your head????

3 comments:

Rachel H said...

I know! My voices are conservation voices (my mom) about not using too much hot water, turing the lights out of the room after I leave it, if you take it out, put it BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM!

Now that I am somewhat evolving into that same Mommy, I feel some of her pain about people not putting things away, etc.. so I guess what goes around comes around!

Amy Jane said...

so, funny! i think about dad almost everytime im washing bottles. now though, it my money im wasting so i should be thinking.... "there goes that sweater i really wanted!" haha

Aggieland Mom said...

I have the same voices in my head too! I always used to dance around the house and get side-tracked (wait a second, I still do). My mom used to call me and my sister "side-track sistas". I am the voice in Steve's head about the water usage though...he turns the water on full blast for everything! It sometimes wipes the toothpaste right off of his toothbrush!