Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snacky Meal

Every day of my life I have known my father to eat this most picular little feast of a lunch that respectlvely has become known as "The Snacky Meal" It may be how he has kept to slim and trim. The ingrediants:

Raw Veggies: Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrots
Fresh Fruit: Apple, Plum, Cherries, Peach, Grapes
Cheese: usually chedder, but could be anything
Crackers: Wheat thins

These are the main parts, but can be accompianed with applesauce, yogurt, cottage chesse, e.t.c.

The other reason this meal is interesting:
1) eat it standing up to the counter
2) no plates (You cut and eat, cut and eat until full.)
As I grew up I thought everyone in the world had "snacky meal" for lunch. Little did I know. My husband watched this little ritual and thought it was the funniest thing he ever saw. Anyway, this is a common lunch for my boys. But I put it on a plate and they sit down.

3 comments:

Amy Jane said...

the best kind of meal!!

Rachel H said...

I have actually been eating a lot of fresh cut veggies lately - but my habit of dipping them in RANCH is probably not helping me cut calories or fat!!ha!

Valarie said...

Hey, it's healthy and it is EASY to prepare. Works for me!