Sunday, February 17, 2008

What the huck-abee?! VS. Ohhh-Bomba!!

VS.

So I had NOT chosen a candidate until today.... there was a pretty little chart in the Sunday paper. It was the kind of chart that your literature arts teacher would be proud of.
- In one column the issues: gay marriage, health insurance, gun rights, abortion.
- The top row was all the candidates
- The filler was how the candidate felt about the issue or their action plan.

So I should not be surprised but Clinton (whom I've liked talking about all this try more and lets change America) and Obama are BOTH pro gay marriage and abortion.

-UH-OH-

I simply CAN NOT support a candidate that supports gay marriage. It is fundamentally against what I believe as a member of the church and what I believe in my heart. Let me be clear. As Gordon B. Hinckley so well put in his interview on CNN with Larry King "We are not anti-gay, we are PRO-FAMILY."

Although, I do NOT like McCain because I think he is a "mini-me" of Bush. I will have to say the the candidate that I can get behind MOST of what he supports is Huckabee.

This is the decision that Americans need to make. No candidate can be perfect. But who most reflects our desires and hopes for America.

But the deal maker for me was supporting gay marriage. I simply can not get behind our democrats because of that one issue. I really thought I would this election because I really do not like the Republican administration we've had, but I just can't....

6 comments:

Amy Jane said...

but what happens when mccain is the nominee?? he is way too far ahead with the number of delegates (and super delegates) for huckabee to get the nomination… isn’t this race just so interesting?! (maybe that’s just me:))

Valarie said...

Yeah, it's prettymuch always picking the lesser of 2 evils.....

Rachel H said...

Well, unfortunately now that my favorite Romney is out I have completely lost faith and now I have ended up not caring to follow it (much, anyway)! I am mad that Huckabee didn't endorse Romney back when Romney was WAY ahead of him... that would have helped Romney out and Huckabee has no chance, other than maybe becoming VP- who knows!!! I just don't like any of them.

I can see why some people go for Obama, just at face value he is an easy sell- he's witty, sharp, and well spoken, and he even seems to genuinely care (unlike Clinton) - but just like you said Lisa, when it comes to REAL issues, he's WAY to liberal for me overall, besides the fact that neither he nor Hillary seem to have the actual "experience" or success (unlike Romney, or even Guliani), to support thier big claims. They are a lot of talk but do not have good records.

Anyway- it'll definately be interesting, although sad to not have the BEST contender in the race anymore!

Autumn said...

Like Rachel I was for Mitt and so sad about the outcome there. Now I feel so lost. I don't know where to go. I love the quote about Pres. Hinckley you shared on pro family. Way to say it right!!

everyday katie said...

I just can't seem to make a decision. The thought of voting for McCain makes me sick. I'm still considering voting for Hilary.

Thanks for adding me to your blog. I check yours on occasion, too.

I can't believe Ethan is almost two. It's easy for me to believe Reid is two because I've watched him grow, but Ethan was a baby when you guys moved. So in my mind, he hasn't changed. Your boys are cuter than ever.

Hope you're enjoying Texas.

Jennifer Woodbury said...

I'm impressed that you are talking politics on your blog. I think it is so important to discuss these things, but I'm always too scared to bring it up because people can get so heated about it (including me...LOL!).

Personally, although I may not agree with the Dems on all the issues, I will probably be voting for whoever the Democratic candidate is because I agree more with their stances on issues that are the most vital and pressing (in my opinion) to the country right now. It really is too bad that there never seems to be the "perfect" candidate!