Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Revivals...1) our family & 2) kitchen

1) Ryan's at the top of the stairs putting his pj's on and we are downstairs, whatever... you see Ryan is attending SONSHINE BIBLE SCHOOL. All the sudden we hear him rant out,



RYAN: (yelling) "RAISE JESUS!!!!!!!" "RAISE HIM UP!!!!!"


"ALL CHILDREN HAVE TO RAISE JESUS!!!"


................seth and I flash glances at eachother and I start to giggle........


SETH: (straight-faced) " Ryan, do you mean PRAISE JESUS?"


RYAN: (very aditmantly) " No! R-A-I-S-E RAISE JESUS! I MEAN YES, PRAISE JESUS....ALL CHILDREN NEED TO PRAISE JESUS!!!"


Then he continues the words with a song: (once again with raise)


RA-ISE HIM

RA-ISE HIM

RA-ISE HIM

ALL YOU LITTLE CHILDREN RAISE JE-U-SUS!


IF there was any bad spirit or spirits in our home, they have certainly been "raised!" This was the revival of our family.


2)The second revival is the one of our kitchen!!! Here our the granite counter- tops...YAH!
So once the counter-tops were in, I found the color of out cabinets unsightly, so the next morning it was of to Home Depot for paint...here is one panal painted...
Awwww, deep breath......that's much better! And I feel super crafty and industrious becasue we had planned on paying our painter $1750....GO ME!


..........................stay tuned for the next episode...plumbing the new sink and my painter is coming tomorrow to paint the whole ENTIRE downstairs (huge two-story non-painter friendly walls-YIKES!) I know yall will miss seeing strips in the backround of EVERY picture, but there is somethin to be said for consistency!)


"SECREST OUT"

5 comments:

Jennifer Woodbury said...

I am cracking up at your family revival. That is hilarious!! Love the new countertops, and I am so impressed you are painting your own cabinets. Can't wait to see pictures of your new walls and finished cabinets!

Amy Jane said...

lookin good, good looking! oh, and that is soo funny about ryan... i can just hear him saying that :) haha

Valarie said...

The kitchen looks great! I definitely like the new color of the cabinets.
Kyle is going to a Greek Orthodox Preschool and for the first 2 months he was going he would come home and say things like "I am the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Get thee behind me!" My kids would all pretend play and Evan would be a pirate captain, Kaily would be a princess and Kyle would be the Lord and Savior Jesus.

Rachel H said...

Lisa! I am super excited for ya!! The counters look fantastic- what a refreshing change, huh! OK, super-painter, after you are done painting the cabinetry, are you considering any antiquing glazes? I think something with a brown overtone would look, "Absolutely Faaaabulous, dahhling."

And Ryan is hilarious. That is just too funny.

Kristen said...

your house looks marvelous. i love it.