Sunday, July 20, 2008

SURPRISE!!!

6 Days on the ROAD!!! What was I thinking???? I don't know, but it was soooo worth it! I had the best time in Ohio and I am sooo grateful for everyone who made it the best, funnest trip ever. I balled my eyes out when I left...I was not in a good mood at all.

Luckily I had prepared myself and bought some books on CD, one of which was the above, THE SECRET! I had heard of this book/movie on Oprah and ever since been intrigued. Now I am more than intrigued...I am fascinated. I look at the world, God's world differently now. It is amazing. It is based on the Law of Attraction and how we are all made of energy. Everyone and every living thing in this vast Universe is made of the same stuff, energy. Therefore, everything about us....even our thoughts have a energy or a frequency. Positive thoughts, full of love are the most powerful. Negative thoughts are not as powerful, yet if you have them and a lot of them and do not control them they will consume your life just the same....


I was telling our home teacher about this and he told me he watched this movie called, "What the bleep do we know?" and in this movie they did a subatomic study of water particles. They had two groups of water coming from the same source. One water they talked to positively, and the water at a subatomic level was forming more quickly and better. The other water they talked to negatively and the water was slow and did not form the crystals as did the positive water...FASCINATING!!!!


Matter and MIND is the same. It is governed by the same energy or spirit that governs everything. I am so grateful for a loving father in heaven that has allowed all this fascinating science to come forth.


Sooooo I changed my thinking halfway through my trip. Instead of saying, "There are no people my age here, I can't make any friends, I don't like it here, I want to go home.........." I drank a Red Bull.....................no just kidding, " I started saying, "I will make friends, I will love it in Austin, I will find positive, fun things to do."


I feel so much more in control with my destiny. TO not be a product of my dis functional childhood or my mistakable past. It is of no consequence. I can create whatever future I want by thinking about it, believing in it, loving it, being grateful, and being patient that it will happen and I know it will.
So I was not kidding so much when I joked about Red Bull. I had one a day...this is how I survived. This is how we did not come home in body-bags! This is me chugging, oh man did I ever have to pee about 1/2 later!

Ethan loves sweet drinks. We started a sort-of traditions of going to Costco and getting the kids a pizza and sprite about once a month. Ethan would stick that straw in his mouth and it did not come out until the whole thing was gone. Thus we named them "BUBBA-SPRITE" Well, we stopped at this little town in ARKANSAS and they had a slush puppie machine...I LOVE those things and wanted Ryan and Ethan to have something I LOVED from my childhood. Ryan took one sip and said, "it's pretty good, but that's enough" So Ethan gladly took it of his hands....its thus became BUBBA PUPPIE- as in bubba slush puppie.

About 1/2 hour after the ROCK STAR ENERGY DRINK. RYAN was cracking up! Ryan got bored with simply building legos in his lap and he started building them of his tongue!

OK so at 8 p.m. I got home. Seth came and greeted me and gave me a quick hug...what's that it? He rushed up the stairs and I followed....I came around the corner and WHAT, NO, AWHHHHHHHH!!!! I just started balling. Seth had painted and finished alllllll my cabinets! Three coats! They look amazing! I was sooo grateful and happy and thank-ful! I love this man! Thank you soooo much! He caught the whole reaction on video too!

I couldn't believe it because he totally is a good good liar and told me he had not touched them and I was coming home to a big mess. He got me good! This is what I came home to



Thank so much honey! I love love you, not Edward anymore :)

8 comments:

Valarie said...

The kitchen looks FABULOUS! Go Seth!!

Rachel H said...

SHUUUUUUUUTTTTT UUUUPPP!!!! AAAUGH! Seth you rock! I KNOW how hard that was- and that was the BEST present EVER! LISA I am so excited for you! They look so amazing. YAY!! Yay for awesome hubbys!

everyday katie said...

Your kitchen looks fantastic! Seth DOES rock. Sadly to say...I don't think Spencer would have done that for me. HE would have made fun of me for attempting to do it myself in the first place. But truthfully...I wouldn't have been on vacation without him in the first place. He gets jealous and always ends up coming with. I can't beleive you made that trek on the road by yourself. You're very brave.

Jennifer Woodbury said...

Oh wow, that's just amazing. You got a keeper for sure!

Amanda B. said...

Wow- the kitchen is amazing!!!! I am glad you had a good safe trip- I could not imagine driving that distance alone. I don't even think I would try- so yay for you!!! Books on tape are a great idea- I haven't done it yet but should. We always complain about not having enough time to read- a perfect way to multi-task!

Kelly said...

What a good man you have there!! I am so impressed!! I wouldn't even have attempted to ask Dana to try- they look fantastic!
SO glad you made it home safe!! Good to see you- and hope to see you at Christmas!!

Shelly said...

Thats my bro for y.a.. You know i taught him EVERYthing her knows he he he...just kiddn'. so i have some true life real experiences about the book "the secret". I'll have to tell ya about them!! Positive thinking does really work.

Suzanne said...

Hello- I met you at the spray ground here in Ohio! I told you I was stalking your blog and loved what you were doing to your kitchen cabinets. I would love to re-finish my oak with white. When you get a minute will you email me what you did. Sanding? What kind of paint did you use? Your cabinets look amazing and I just might have to attempt it. My email is suzanneandryan@yahoo.com. I really appreciate it.

It was nice to meet you. I love working with your mom. She is a great lady!!