Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hot days of summer!

It's hot, I'm hot and happy! I love the heat! Call me weird, but I was cold about 1/3 of the time I was in Ohio, maybe more and it made me realize how much I love the feeling of my flesh burning hot! HEhe



SO what have I been up to? You would think, maybe some cleaning or laundry. NO NO NO! I have been reading! Non-stop. I love to read, and I have read the follow up book to Twilight and I am highly anticipating Book Four Breaking Dawn!!!!



On a side note, on Tuesday, Ryan started swim lessons. This is a right of passage for a kid who lives in Texas! It's kinda a necessity. Ryan was not too keen of the idea. The day before the lessons where to start he would argue and fuss and cry like a little GIRL about not wanting to do them. I kept telling him and reassuring him, to no avail. Finally on the way I said, " Ryan there are little boys and girls out there who have NO LEGS or ARMS and would love to be able to swim but can't. So you are going to swim and like it! " He was silent after that. We got there and he hesitantly entered the water. Well, I didn't know his swim instructor was such a miracle worker.



By the end of the lessons she had his not only blowing bubbles under water, but putting his whole face, body and everything underwater to dive for those sink-able water toys! He screams, "I love to go underwater!" I wanted to jump up and do the "I told you so dance" but I didn't. I just told him how proud I was of him. I didn't even take my camera because I didn't think there would be anything to take a picture of? Well I'll take it tomorrow!


:::::::::::::::::Warning stop here if you have not read all three books!:::::::::::::::::::





SO back to the Twilight books....

-What happens if Bella changes her mind and decides she can't live without Jacob and then he imprints on some random chick.....then will she run back to Edward!?

- I know teenage hormones are strong, but common how can she really want a granite rock shoved....ok you know where I'm going with this.........???

-Book three ends with seemingly every loose end taken care of, so it makes me wonder what the big adventure/fight will be in the forth...I know that the Vilantes are going to make sure she changes, but there has to be something I'm missing. Where is the loose end that I have over looked that has not been taken care of?

- Who do YOU choose? Edward-true love, but a hefty price to pay or Jake- love, but a life...a human life, BUT with the chance that he will imprint??????????

9 comments:

Aggieland Mom said...

So we watched "The Music Man" the other day and I thought of you, WHY? That song "Shapoopie"!! Haha, I laughed the whole time. Is that where you got it from? So about Twilight... I'm so excited for Breaking Dawn that I'm about to jump outta my pants! lol If Bella went for Jacob I think it would be another passionate kiss or something and they would be done with it. (Stephenie Meyer would never do that to us tho) The Volturi are totally coming after her and the Alaska vampires are going to be involved somehow I think too. Have you been reading "the 21quotes of the day" from Breaking Dawn? They are on Stephenie's website every morning until the book comes out. I CAN'T WAIT!

Valarie said...

I am so glad Ryan had fun. Laney was actually SWIMMING (as in actually kicking her feet and trying to propel herself through the water) last night at her lesson. She can go about ten feet, but still can't take a breath so we have to grab her before she sucks in water. Is Ryan in a class or with a private instructor? Just wait and see what he is doing in a month! It's amazing! And take notes...because then you can start teaching Ethan and when he starts lessons he will be ahead of the game.

everyday katie said...

We are seriously behind on the swimming lesson thing, too. In OHio, there wasn't much of a need and here, I'm embarrassed that my four year old doesn't know how to swim. Parker starts in a week and a half.

If Ryan starts asking for proof of limb-less children, let me know and I'll send him a picture of Reid's stump.

Kelly said...

My kids never took lessons, but we sorta showed them the ropes of swimming and they picked up quickly- Dana and I are both decent swimmers, so that was a little helpful. Yesterday, at my friends' pool, Leah learned how to breathe out of her nose underwater and swim half the width of the pool. I was impressed- all within about 5 minutes of practicing!
I am so excited about Breaking Dawn, and can't wait to finish it- we will have to have a discussion then, I can't think about it yet.

Amanda B. said...

okay, I have a 7 year old who has yet to take lessons.... talk about behind!! oh well- maybe it is an Ohio thing where we just aren't in as much of a hurry. I would show him things if we would let me! I had not heard of those books until your previous post about them and now everyone is talking about them like I am crazy for not having read them! Will have to check it out!

everyday katie said...

Oh by the way, one of my high school friends started a twilight blog.

www.twilightaddicts.blogspot.com

I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Darleen said...

I'm still not finished with Eclipse, but I read New Moon in five days! I need to get my bootie in gear before the fourth comes out. I'm all over Edward--he's the man she should be with.

Amy Jane said...

ok, too funny about the stone se_ comment! after talking to you last night im thinking that she will end up with edward and jake will imprint.... then all will be happy. CAN'T WAIT..... MUST FIND OUT.....NOW! :)

The Roberts Family said...

Hey, don't know if you remember me but I'm in the LT ward mi nombre es Carrie Roberts. I share your same love for the Secret and the Twilight series.

I am preparing to have a mix of emotions for Breaking Dawn. I am preparing to love Edward more than I already do, hopefully have more compassion for Jacob and be happy for him that he found someone other than Bella. And I will be continually frustrated with Bella and her teen personality and her conflict of being in love with two different breeds, come on be loyal and respectful and stick with Edward. Here's what I'm expecting: The Volturi to come back, Jacob (ugh) will have to come back, a former love of Edwards (if you remember she loved him he did not love her) will come back possibly seeking her life or just Edward (then again who wouldn't?). The wolves and the vampires will have contentions most likely starting from the wolves (they need to get over their bad selves) but will end with Edward and Bella together. On her website she has said they will be together and she better not go back on her word.

Well, this has been one long reply. Hope we enjoy the book! BTW I'm usually wrong about my predictions with books. I just want to enjoy it and not analyze it too much.

oh and if you wanted you could host book club with Breaking Dawn :-)