Saturday, July 12, 2008

Freak to Bleach!!!

Before:

So what's wrong with this picture? Why did I feel the need to do something so drastic that I endured 6 hours of peroxide and bleach on my bare scalp..... I swear I still fell woozy and numb. Well, let me tell you why! I am cheap, maybe not as cheap a some of you deal finders out there. But cheap enough that I have not been very good about keeping up with my hair needs since I left OHIO. This is due to the fact that the cost nearly doubled in my new lovely hometown of BeeCave, Texas. And while I could say we technically can afford it, I just have this home-made barrier in my mind. The same barrier that RARELY allows me to spend more the $20 of ANY piece of clothing. I just get numbers stuck in my head.. . so I'm cheap! Here is where my glam BFF Rachel enters the picture :
See those beautiful goldy locks? These locks of lovely beauty are home grown- in her KITCHEN SINK! Yes, she had discovered the art of "professional, grade A, salon-quality" BLONDE! Come to find out there is much more to this process than a box of L'Oreal hair dye! (Which by the way, I have always been to chicken to use!)

You've all heard (or lived) the stories. You walk into (fill-in the blank big box store) and find a really pretty picture of some random blonde model and you are lead to believe that YOU-TOO can look like this-you are just one box of hair dye away. So you go home slather in on the head and wallah---you are orange! So after hearing horror stories like these, I avoided the process.


************************BUT*******************************


I have a "golden"example of someone who has gone blonde and done it from a tube,tub, and bottle......from home, saving me literally hundreds!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$


So I could either go on as I was, with perpetual Jerry Springer Roots, spend the $100/month, OR try to look like this......

Hmmmmm the choice was difficult. I deliberated on it for 5 full days. Then I saw another cute blonde at the mall and as she swung of golden locks over her shoulder (in slow motion of course) I made my mind up there and then! LET"S GO FOR IT!!!
First a trip to Sally beauty supply for powder, processor,toner,conditioner,bowl,brush,caps, and purple sham"poo". Then it was off to Rachels house(ok ok I stopped for ice-cream first) and begun the day of blonde! We tested, bleached, shampood, touch-up, shampood, touch-up, shampoo, toned, washed, conditioned..
WARNING: THE AMOUNT OF CHEMICALS ON MY HEAD AT THIS TIME ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO KILL A SMALL ARMY, THEREFOR I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SUDDEN DECREASE IN BRAIN CAPACITY!
These are my evil eyebrows, (through back your head, evil laugh...haugh,haugh,iagh)
This was after processing and shampoo, before toner! Me and Rachel's sink became very acquainted with one another!


Seth if you are reading this you will be VERY happy to know that I have many less brain cells and I am a very light golden........(6 hours later)

*******************BLONDE*******************************
(Sorry no make-up)
This is the new me all natural! And we figure I can keep this up, touching it up every 4 weeks for about $15/month)
I was VERY impressed with how good(non-orange) and even it turned out. I eventually will gradually warm and darken it ever so slightly, but this is the starting point!
****Thank you so much Rach for making me blonde...your the best! I owe you more ice-cream!

11 comments:

Rachel H said...

Yay! You are welcome dear friend- there's nothin' quite like a full day of bonding over bright periwinkle peroxide,Carrabas dip and bread, and Greaters ice cream on brownies!!

Valarie said...

Woah! That is some serious blonde, girly! It's always nice to figure out ways to save money! (That way you can save more for our vaca next year! :) It looks great.

Autumn said...

Wow-way to go. I admire you for risking it all to save money! I don't know if I'd be so brave. I don't spot any orange so I think you succeeded! What a fun friend.

Kelly said...

That is amazing!! Your hair looks so great!! I am impressed with the turnout= because I am one of those who got the orange tinge for a long time and funny thing, I kept doing it, hoping for different results!! Not again!! I am a true brunette, staying true to my roots- hooray for you= you are a beautiful blonde!!

Amanda B. said...

gorgeous!! I love it! How fun for you to spend the day doing it and lucky it turned out well! Congrats! :)

Hillary said...

Ooh, la la! That looks great and it's not that strange blonde that looks like it's unnatural. Love it!

Seth said...

Good work Racheal!! Lisa is back (from an extended brown hiatus). Thanks for landing me a blonde overnight! You must have superpowers!! And the chemical in the brain thing, it won't hurt it comes with blonde territory. Just try to raise the bar a few inches over the blond logic of jessica simpson and we'll be set. Or on second thought maybe thats what makes a blonde. Lisa its ok if you didn't get that your blonde now!! Just kidding smartie- Seth

The Cochran Family said...

I got it! Just had to read it a few times :)

Shelly said...

I was pleasantly surprised. remember when you mentioned your intentions ... I wasn't sure . But look at you, you took the plunge and yeah! it worked! when reading hte blog I was really worried about the brows... I was afraid they'd be orange. Yeah for you. soo is Amy next? what do you think Amy? Of couse Seth likes it you know what they say about blondes..............

Stephanie said...

Wow...ummm...that is blonde!!!!!! It might be too blonde for me, but you can dye your hair black and still look beautiful :). See you soon chica!

Amelia said...

You are a lovely lovely blondie!
I never have done blonde...I just always thought I was too HAIRY and dark! That would mean I have to wax my moustache AND my sideburns!!