Monday, July 7, 2008

Movie Time Monday.....COSI and the BIG CATCH!


They have a charged ball that you put your hands on and get shocked, this is his shocked face...


Gotta Love COSI (Columbus, Ohio Science Institute) not sure, kinda makes sense? Recognize Val? They have this great kids room with tons on great toys and learning/interactive stuff. I've almost never seen Ethan this excited. He squealed like a pig and ran from toy to slide, slide to balls, and back again.




Then we watched this 3D movie, love those things! Ryan was too scared to put on his 3D glasses??? Oh well.....


This fourth of JULY was our BIG family picnic. After stuffing our faces, the boys headed down to the pond and the girls sat around the kitchen table swapping stories and fun.


And what were those boys doing at the pond??? Well lets take a look....




My dad was having a ball...fishin. He grew up doing what every re-blooded Utah country boy does...fish,ski,climb,camp, and get dirty. After moving east and three girls later. He doesn't get around to that much. In fact he said that it had been years since he fished. It seemed to be like riding a bike though. He looks like he knows what he's doin right?



My F-I-L went with Ryan the day before to buy worms. I guess this is what makes good fishing..great fishing. I've seen a little bit of fishin in my day. I've seen old man sit around and catch a fish or two all day. I HAVE NEVER SEEN FISHIN LIKE THIS. MY DAD HAS NEVER SEEN FISHIN LIKE THIS. You threw the reel in and SNAG, "I got one, I got one!" There were three poles in the water and they were in rapid succession catching this squirmy swimmers one right after another. They had a bucket full of about 40 fish!!! And to top it of it was with a barbie fishing pole, a plastic toddler fishing pole, and one regular walmart adult fishing pole. It's just a little funny to see my dad fishing (and enjoying himself) with a pink plastic Barbie fishing pole? They had a ball! I have to admit. I think it was more fun than sitting around with all the women. But I have always been that way....kinda. Oh and for the fish-lovers out there....we threw them all back! :)

4 comments:

Valarie said...

Ohhhh!! those pics of COSI (Center of Science and Industry) make me miss it so much! I was just thinking about the little kidspace at COSI the other day. *sigh* We will have to do that the next time we visit (or maybe next year when we move back!!)
IT looks like the boys had a great time. Jason is teaching Kyle how to fish. I am staying as far away from that as possible (for obvious reasons)!!

Amanda B. said...

kidspace is awesome- we love to go there! I love how it is secure so kids can't really get lost/stolen very easy! I am glad you are enjoying your trip- you are awesome to travel with all your kids!

Kelly said...

Fun times- we had such fun at the sprayground last week- I have a pic to email you of Ethan, you will LOVE it!!

Kristen said...

we loved COSI I wish we had one out here