Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tis the Season...to be Thankful!!!



We had a lovely Turkey dinner at my house! Good friends were near and we ate till the cows came home! In audience was our good friends the Smedleys and the Bakles and co. We had this really good PRE-COOKED SMOKED TURKEY! OK no offense mom, but this is all I will make anymore. It was the most tender, tastiest turkey I ever ate!Then we had all the fixins of course and then a COSTCO pumpkin pie. I had sampled it many times and deiced it was better than I could have made so that was that. Then we hung out and played Apples to Apples and laughed ourselves silly. I Won...of course!

Then yesterday I shopped all by my SELF!! And this is near and dear to my heart! It makes me wonder how many times I shopped without toddlers and how I NEVER appreciated this time!

This is the first time since 2005 that we have put a tree up and decorated! So I choose to do a tree theme that matched my new LR furniture. Red and gold don't really match anymore. ;) SO some new blue, green, and brown balls did the trick! Then I found some evergreen that Seth had trimmed of our bushes and that looks smashing on the mantle!

I loved decorating the outside this year. Of course I pulled out all the wreaths and candle sticks and jimmy rigged them to the window somehow....then I bought a bunch of lawn ornaments from Garden Ridge....so fun! Seth doesn't DO lights so I feel like I have to make up for it with other stuff. Seth said with a look on his face like he was eating lima beans, "The outside looks good.....it looks like Santa's winterland." Hmmm are you serious? Yes, he said. Well, that was nice of you to say.

It has been nice to have these three days to ugh, work work work! (cook, clean, cook, clean, decorate, work, clean, cook....)The house is a MESS with storage bins and everything everywhere! Good thing I have tomorrow...the day of rest....ok I can DREAM!!!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I love how you decorate your house! Enjoy your nice warm Christmas

Kelly said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! You have mad decorating skills- loved all the pics and the tree!! Hope your Holidays are Merry!!

Seth said...

7+7+7+7 ='s one big booty

Rachel H said...

Awww! I am so glad you are decking the halls already! We really are two birds of a feather!! =) Looks like you had a great time at Turkey day, and I am so glad! I have to pick a date to come out!! I am already jealous of that weather!

Love-ya-miss-ya!

Amy Jane said...

I sure did miss my sister this thanksgiving!! :) Or rather, I wished I was there for her thanksgiving in the great weather!!! MY new years resolution.... move to TEXAS!