Thursday, November 13, 2008

Apparently....I had children for the Love Of

German Engineering of course!!!

At one time in my life, like many others around me, I SWORE I would never buy a mini-van! I would rather poke my eyes out than buy one. WHO needs one?


For some reason this has become like a rite of passage, coming to terms with this is the best car for my family and owning up to the fact that I am not a young chic anymore and never will be again!

Here is my story:
Key remote in hand, the salesmen pushed one button and the doors opened. He pushed another and the trunk opened. Now I was drooling. There is a compartment to put backpacks, juiceboxs, legos, purses, diapers, 20 thousand cup holders, c.d.s, iPods, and hooks for my grocery bags. Without lifting a finger, both of my boys got really excited and jumped in and said, "wow there is so much room!" As if I were buying a minivan for them, well ok I kinda am...not for German Engineering! Well the Practical part of me kicked in and could no longer disregard the fact that this is the one car on the market with one objective....to make my life and my kids life easier. So I had to swallow my pride and make the JUMP!


What! When did these things become so desirable to me? Nonetheless I just couldn't fight it anymore....I WANTED A MINIVAN!!!


SO now I drive to the grocery store, get out, stranger next to me, "Haha, you had kids for the love of German engineering...." Yup hehe you got me. I drive Ethan to school, another dad dropping of his son..."Do you like it? haha, did you have your kids for the Love of German Engineering?" I'm at a jewelry party and all my new Texas girlfriends are busting me out for "crossing over to the dark side....hhaha nah you just bought it for the love of German Engineering."


What ever you want to call it...I do really LIKE my new mini-van. Though I'm not sure where the mini part come in. I'm still feeling like I'm driving a bus! It's my fun, groovy BUS!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Where's a pic of it?! I love my van- could not imagine driving these crazies around without it! Glad you finally got aboard!

Autumn said...

That is too funny! I feel the exact same way. My biggest reason is because once I get a mini van I'll be stuck with it forever-because I intend to have enough kids to pack it full. I am necessity will take me there eventually but I'm not giving in until I have to. :) Sounds like its nice though!

Amanda B. said...

very cool! We have two cars from the "German Engineering" department. Aaron swears by them. Mini vans aren't so bad. :) Congratulations!

Shelly said...

My kids friends call it the "party wagon". U know I love my van!! I heard U upgraded..mini vans are nice but its awesome to have one with all the bells and whistles. It is one of the perks of being a mom. & how 'bout those cup holders? it makes me giddy thinking about it.
I'll be thinkn about you fri at Twilight.

Darleen said...

So I want to see this mini van! It sounds so great!