Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sweet Treats and Sweet Brothers

Sunday dinner was a huge hit so I thought I would share my new lasagna recipe find along with the great website/blog I got it from!

I was looking for a lasagna recipe because I am embarrassed to say how long it has been since I made a lasagna. (Prob like 3 years) SO I googled, "BEST lasagna recipe" and up came this link to Pioneer Women. This is literally the BEST blog I have ever been across and apparently others think so too because she has about 600 comments PER entry...anywho..I ended up reading her entire story which is fascinating. In a nutshell, she was a cali valley girl who got swept of her feet by a REAL cowboy rancher, Marlboro Man, whom she married and now lives on and cooks, home-schools her 4 kids, and has this great website! Anyway, if you have like 3 hours, It's a great read, "Black heels and Tractor Heels"

Anyway I made her lasagna that had like 600 comments saying it was the best lasagna they had ever had, so I figured I was safe.

Her recipe was great because she takes a picture (with her SRS camera) of each step and ingredients so it's visually stimulating and I like pictures because I bore easily!

Anyway....it was awesome! I do have to say...it's VERY meatie though. Other than that, it will be my new "have to take dinner to a family, here you go dinner in a pan, please heat" meal.

Then I topped it off, with these little tastie delights. HOME-MADE ice-cream sandwiches, made with non-other than my whole wheat choc chip cookies!!!!!!!!



Ryan has been coming home from school very happy, in a good mood, and ready to play! He loves to play with Ethan and he is soooo sweet. I was in the kitchen when I hear this.....

and then this....


Ocne again, I dedciate this posting to SPELL CHEcK! Thank you for your continuing suport!

7 comments:

Darleen said...

Pioneer Woman is great! I've gotten a recipe from there before. I need to check it out more often. That sounds all so good.

Amanda B. said...

That dinner sounds delicious! I may try someday- I have heard of that site and it seems to be a good one! :)

Shelly said...

Try pioneer woman cinn. rolls. YUMMMy! Have fun cruizin. don't forget pepto for the boys, dramomine for the bIG BOY. For you Advil (I ALways have a headache on family vacations) and Meyers book THE HOSt is ggoooood !(if you haven't read it yet)

Kelly said...

I am so going to try that recipe- and the cookies too!
HEy, enjoy your fabulous cruise= I am so jealous.
BTW- I have a pic I need to email you, so send me your email address so I can
dkaortman2000@yahoo.com
You will love it!!

Stephanie said...

Yes, it was a huge hit :). I love having Sunday dinners with you and Seth. Thanks again girl!

Valarie said...

I love that blog too. She always has really good recipes on there. I agree with Shelly, you should try the cinnamon rolls. They are amazing!!
Hope you are having fun on your cruise!! Can't wait to see pictures.

Shelly said...

So are guys like alive or did Ike swallow you up? I expect a full report upon your arrival home!!!