Monday, September 22, 2008

Opinion's Please

OK, SO I have a totally traditional space in my living room, but I fell in love with this lamp and I'm trying to make it work.

I know it is too modern for the space and maybe the latern is too large. I'm trying to get some ideas that will make it work...
What I love about it is....

-conversation piece, it's just so darn cool
-different
-makes the space pop
-it goes with the organic, natural decor
- great for reading!

So I really want to see if I can make it work...so my plea to all ya'll decorator's out there is....

Some ideas I've had alread are:
Paint the shade, buy a smaller paper latern, look for a more traditional shape latern, paint the arm brown and brush on some gold leaf



So any ideas?????????

9 comments:

Amanda B. said...

Well, I am no help because I am absolutely horrible at decorating, but it is a very cool lamp! I say, if you like it, then keep it! :)

Valarie said...

I second what Amanda said. I suck at decorating. I do love the lamp, though.
Oh, and you have the same decorating taste as Tracy. She has the same swirly-over-the-fireplace thingy and she has that same lamp!! :)

Kelly said...

It is interesting, I can say that much!! I do like it- not necessarily my taste, but it looks cool- you can make anything look good- don't you worry about it- you have great taste!

Rachel H said...

Lisa,
Very nice choice girlie!! I really like it a lot. Combining styles is totally ok, esp. considering your house design with the two story ceiling would not be considered 100% "traditional" more of a contemporary traditional anyway!

I love lamps like that, and I have seen more modern ones(made of all silver, or stainless steel) in design magazines more than once!!

I think its very cool, and unless you feel the need to change it, I would keep it as is. I like it, and it's a great accent to your room! Nice scale. because the ceilings are so high, you totally NEED to do things that are on a larger scale, to balance the height out.

LOOKS GREAT!

The Cowan Family said...

Lisa,

I am so glad to have heard from you and found your blog again. Thank you for reaching out. Your family is cute as ever and your house is gorgeous! Please come help me decorate.

Darleen said...

I love the lamp and have wanted to buy one that crate and barrel carries--and it's orange!! So I think it's a perfect choice.

Amy Jane said...

haha! i wanted to look at your comments to see what rach said :) now i can officially say i like it too, lol.

Rachel H said...

Amy you are so funny! =) Thanks for the compliment.

Seth said...

it looks crazy, too big ( i can speak my mind on this blog). I am glas she broke down and got a smaller one, don't worry racheal she is palnning to balance the height with some big ole curtains