Friday, September 12, 2008

Take a hike IKE!


I feel remiss, if I started talking about our trip before I mentioned this little guy....yes, at one point IKE was nipping at our heals on the cruise and we were experiencing some rockin and winds.

We went rogue and snuck up to the top level of the ship where we could feel the full effects of these tropical storm strength winds. Probably like 50 MPH...It was thrilling, but stupid and dangerous. They kicked us of and closed it for the remainder of the ship.


A lot of the people helping us of the ship lived in the Galveston area and when questioned, they said they were all staying? I wonder if they did. I pray they will be ok! There saying this is the worst storm to hit Galveston/Houston in 100 years.
Anyway, about the trip....We had a BLAST! I have 150 pictures and YOU KNOW I will be giving you the full report shortly. BUT I have 4 loads of laundry to put away and a deck to clean of in preparations for IKE.....pray for all the coastal people!
Stay tuned for stories about this:
And Spid-ie stories about this:
...and this was per request by yours truly, can I deliver or what?

Good to be home! God bless AMERICA! We are soooooo soooo blessed! More on this later...

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad you are back- can't wait to hear more and see more pics- button down the hatch and get ready for the storm- we will pray for ya'll!

Valarie said...

I am so glad you guys got back safely! Hopefully Ike was weaker and didn't totally slam into you there. Can't wait to hear the whole cruise story (and see the pictures)! Call me!

Amanda B. said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! I look forward to hearing more! I probably would have gone to the top to experience the storm as well. How surreal that must have been. I hope everyone stays okay or that they decided to leave! So scary!

Shelly said...

Yeah...Your home! we were worried! I couldn't remeber when you were returning. I'm glad your home and safe.

Stephanie said...

I am glad you are ok. I was really worried about you all. Glad to hear you had a great time :).