Friday, August 22, 2008

Still there...

So you know how I am Betty Crocker now? Well I ordered some wheat, well a lot of wheat, well like 50 lbs. of WHEAT! It finally arrived about 6 days ago.

Me : "Honey, have you seen what's on the front porch?"

DH: "No, what is it?"

Me: " A ton of wheat!"

DH: "oh, what's it look like?"

Me: 2 ,25 lb. buckets of wheat that I am not strong enough to carry!" wink wink

DH: "OK, I'll get them later"


Day 2, Day 3 "Honey the wheat is still outside" "OK, I'll get it", Day 4 open the door to let my neighbor in, there still there, therefore have to explain to her why I need two buckets of raw wheat

Day 5, Day 6 Open the door to let the furniture repair man in, I watch glumly as he steps around 2 white buckets of wheat.....SIGH
OK tonight I'm putting my foot down.... right on his throat!

5 comments:

everyday katie said...

You're so funny. I would just move them myself. I can't tell you how many times I rearrange furniture...even something heavy like a piano...by myself. I don't like waiting around.

Amanda B. said...

Very funny! On one hand, I would probably have moved them myself also unless, like you, I had already asked him to do it, then I would have left them for the principal of it all. Funny story! :) Gotta love men....

Kelly said...

Have you ever watched, Everybody Loves Raymond? Well, there is a really funny episode about moving luggage and it sooo relates to this! It is hysterical. It is the principle of the matter, right? I understand. I just do things myself because if I don't they just don't get done- sorry about the wheat not getting done!

I love the DH as his abbreviation!

Stephanie said...

Oh my, that is a lot of wheat!

Valarie said...

So, the post above talks about how not girly you are, but you can't move a 25 pound bucket of wheat??!? Crazy girl!!! I know you go to the gym!! :)