Monday, August 11, 2008

Give thee thy Daily Bread

OK call me Amish, call me June Cleaver, call me Betty Crocker....call me whatever you dang want, but this sista can BAKE!

It all started about 3 months ago when I went to a activity where this really cute little lady showed us how to make yummy whole wheat bread. The thought popped in my head that I like the taste of this delicious bread more than food storage food....so instead of stocking up on random dried yucky food storage I would invest in a industrial strength, commercial mixer/blender and a mill and learn to make my own BREAD!

Lucky for me my mom's cousin owns the company Blend-tec (former K-tec) and she can get me 1/2 off this sweet machine. It does everything for you. You select your button that corresponds with what your mixing and it just goes and senses everything for you. I love the smoothies button. This machine is so powerful...I think he started with a vacuum motor and put it in a blender and after 20 years of tweaking ended up with this little marvel...Tommy has his own You Tube show called , "Will it Blend" check this out

So first I milled the grain. Yes you take whole grain, pour it in this bad boy(it kinda sounds like an airplane taking off) and it grinds it into flour...sweet!
Then I threw everything in my machine and push mix. Then I hit the another button and it kneaded it for me. I scooped it out of the bowlIt was STICKY!!!!! Then I put it in the pans to raise...In the oven and out of the oven.....the SMELL, you can't beat this SMELL!!!We ate 2 loaves that evening! I might need more Wheat! Anyone know how to get some cheap?And this is my happy, HEALTHRY, whole wheat eating BOYS!
I love Ryan's face, "ugh dad, gimme my bread!"

8 comments:

Shelly said...

tell boyfriend to pUT SOME CLOthes on.... bread looks yummy!! i'm down in C own... Just not the same w/out you!!! Don't worry I still I have faith ...........

Chapman Channel said...

that is seriously awesome--i want you to mail rachel and I some bread!!!

everyday katie said...

J
E
A
L
O
U
S
!
!
!

Kelly said...

That looks amazing, and I too am jealous!!

Amanda B. said...

Yummy! I love fresh baked bread. I make my own from time to time too, but I don't have a grinder, so I don't get to grind my own wheat. I want one! :)

Rachel H said...

That Utube clip is funny! Is that your mom's cousin doing it? Anyway.. now that you are my blonde twin- I just did my roots and I used a different toner- Wella - Royal blonde T11 (it has a violet base and turns out really natural, more beigey and less goldie! I am luvin it.hehe.)

Darleen said...

I LOVE my Blend-tec!!! My mom bought me one for Christmas one year. I mostly use it for my power fruit shakes. I really need to get into bread. I have made bread before in it, but I don't have a wheat grinder. I guess that's my next investment. You are inspiring me to be more of a Betty Cocker.

Amy Jane said...

yummy!! i think you just wanted to show off seth's tight tummy! :) lol