Monday, November 12, 2007

Ryan's 5 "Wonder" Years

My sweet Ryan. Sent from up above, you are the one I love. Ryan Cebu Cochran turned 5 years old and what a blast we had celebrating it! Ryan has always loved his birthdays and it in turn has always been fun to watch as his little eyes light up and cheeks stretch to fit a wide mouth grin! Not having access to a Walmart bakery I took to baking my first birthday cake. Just like my mom had done before. I poured the batter in the round tins and thought, "this is not nearly enough to make a two tiered cake" I forgot about the whole rising thing. Anyway, about 3 hours and two tubs of icing, I had myself and perty and tasty cake. Seth came home from work and said, " SO, WHERE DID YOU BUY THE CAKE?" I replied with a big ol "UGH???" "I MADE IT!!!" It was so tasty, I think I'm going to do this more often!


Then it was time to open presents...Ryan had plenty of help from a little Llama! Better known as Shapoopie!






Then we had party number two, for the whole family in Ohio. In attendance were Seth's parents, (Grammie n' Papa) My parents (Grandma Judy n' Grandpa John) , Aunt Amy and Uncle Shawn, Mark and Rachel n'Crew, and Stephanie and Oli! It was super fun and Ryan got a trunk full of games and craft supplies and cloths! Thanks everyone!


3 comments:

Aggieland Mom said...

Cute, cute , cute! Tell Ryan Happy Birthday from his pal Alex! We miss you guys!!

Rachel H said...

We had so much fun seeing you guys too! I love that he didn't have a wish and didn't want to lick the candles on his cake you made...so funny! Lena would have been like face diving into it.... oh kids!

Valarie said...

Can you believe they are 5?!?! He was so adorable opening his presents. Kyle loves the memory game too. Glad to see you guys had a good time in Ohio. I can't wait to go back there and visit in Jan.!! Too bad you won't be there. :(