Saturday, November 24, 2007

Bedtime Fun!!!


Just to document for all history. You may not want to continue reading, though according to Oprah, this is people's favorite thing...to see how other people live...so this is our bedtime routine.

6:00 Bath-time song "Bath-time, Bath-time (clap 5 times) repeat)

Both lil guys start singing and clapping as we march upstairs. Ryan strips down in his room, throwing his cloths into his closet hamper, I strip Ethan at the tub while he screeches and giggles (this is his favorite time of day!) At this moment he has been known to relieve himself on the floor...hehe

At this point we have 2 styles of bath-time

1)Quick bath: used when we are late starting the routine or Ryan wants to get back to crafting before bed
2) Swimming-pool bath: This is a longer version than the one above, usually 10-30 minutes long. This time is used dumping out the shampoo bottles, coloring on the walls, playing with water toys, blowing bubbles, washing up, giggling, singing our songs:

-Bah, bah, bah Balooh, you got me rockin and a rollin, rocking and a rollin ba BALOOH!
-Splish splash I was taking a bath, on one Saturday night WOH! thinkin everything was alright, then I stepped out the tube, put my feet on the floor, I wrapped my towel around me and I opened the door and I said, splish splash I was taking a bath, how was I supposed to know there was a party going on....WOH!
So then I take shapoopie out and sing the cook-a-racha song while I lotion up Ethan and push him into his jammies

Ryan dresses himself, hangs up his towel, and brushes his teeth. I throw Ethan in his crib so we can read scriptures and say prayers. Ryan's prayer goes like this: "Dear Father in heaven, please keep me safe tonight, tomorrow, today. Please bless Gordan B. Hinkly and Jesus, in the name if Jesus Christ Amen." Then we have family prayer, give Ryan a drink from the small skinny tube, make sure he has Dokey (his pitbull Webkinz), and put an large amount of Vaselline all over thier faces.
During prayer and scripture Ethan sucks his thumb, holds his blanket and rest his head on the edge of the crib.


Then I kiss them, tell them I love them, and shut the door: ALL by 7:00 p.m.!!!!


1 comment:

Valarie said...

Give Ryan a drink from the small skinny tube...? Umm, is that a straw?
That is great that you can have them both in bed by 7! We struggle to get ours down by 8 and then at least Kyle (and sometimes Evan)usually lays in bed and sings for about, oh, another 2 hours before he actually goes to sleep! And then they are all up by 6:30 the next morning!