Saturday, November 24, 2007

A New York City Thanksgiving!!!

"Guess what Ryan? What? We are going to New York City to go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!!!! Oh. Well, I don't want to. Why Not??????!!!! Because I want to stay home and make crafts."

Clearly we have not taught our child how to have proper fun? This was our fun-filled day..at least for some of us!

9:20 a.m. Macy's parade starts!!! Yah!!!


11:45 A date with the slides and swings in central park!



1:00 p.m. See Enchanted at the Lincoln Center Movie Theatre





Ethan fell asleep in his stroller just as the previews started! (How perfect is that???? ) Ryan ate his rice-crispy treat and watched the entire movie like a champ! I loved it because at heart I am an 11 year old girl who loves the fairy princess and princes and happy endings and all that oeey-gooey stuff!


******A side note- last night out of the blue Ryan says, "Gimme a Kiss , because I love ya!" I giggled at the gesture, but knelled down and kissed him and smiled and he said, " Was that a true kiss?" I said, "Do you mean a true love kiss, the most powerful kiss in the world from Enchanted?" He said, "YES!!!!" And I said, "Yes it was, because I love you more than anything in the world!" I said, "Gimme a kiss, cause I love ya" He said, "No, I already did that." "I don't want to do it again." ********


After the movie let out we walked and we walked and we walked to Session 73 for Turkey!.....Singing..."NYC children complained as they walked and walked and walked from the west side of NYC, through the park, to the east side 1st AVE. ! " Anyone who is not familiar with the city, that is about 11-12 blocks. Ryan was moaning! "ugh my legs are breaking!!!!!!" Poor thing. This was all because Seth thought a cab would cost too much. Rookie (We took a cab home after full tummies and rain and it only cost $8 bucks! :)


3:45 Session 73 - Jazz club turned thanksgiving buffet event (supposed to be 3:30, but b/c of our long hike we were sweaty, exhausted, but boy did I have the perfect appetite for a big,yummy turkey dinner!)

Here was the menu:
-Mixed greens salad

-Rolls (This was all Ryan ate, with butter)

-Ham (This was my fav, I'm no Turkey!)

-Turkey

- Yams (with marshmallow and candied walnuts, YUMMY)

- Mashed Potatoes

- Stuffing

- Green beans (the real kind with butter,onions, and mushrooms)

- Pumpkin Pie (with whip cream!)


It was sooooo yummy, I was content after my first plate, but I stood up and piled up another plate and ate that all too. Then I was uncomfortable full and unbuttoning my pants! Oh, but then there was pie and I wasn't going to let any amount of uncomfortable stomach cramping/pant unbuttoning stop me!

I scooped some of my food onto Ethan's and he ate everything in sight! He had to eat it himself though. If I tried to feed pie too him he would shake his head and say No! But if I put pie in the spoon, he would pick it up, eat it, and pass it back to me. I put more pie on it, set t down in front of him and we repeated this until my pumpkin pie was GONE!

Not that I'm bragging, but I didn't lift a finger. No cooking, no cleaning, no leftovers :( It was delicious!

We jumped (ok no jumping because of my swelled, hurt middle area) in the cab, just as it started to rain, and that is the conclusion of our New York City Thanksgiving, IT WAS SO FUN!!!!!












2 comments:

Valarie said...

I am so jealous! We watched the parade at home and the whole time I kept looking to see if we could catch a glimpse of you guys. :)
I bet the food was great! I did the meal here and although it was delicious, it was not worth the time it took to clean after!!
Too bad you won't be there next year. We could have come up there and done Thanksgiving in NY and then went shopping in the city the next day together!!

Darleen said...

What an eventful Thanksgiving! It was a perfect day to be treking around the town.