Monday, November 12, 2007

Fall Leaves

Ryan has been asking to have a "leaf party" for about a week now. We keep putting it of, b/c I HATE cold weather! But I finally didn't have any more excuses and today we bundled up and trudged out there. IT WAS FUN!!! I raked for about 15 minutes until I made a pile that was tall enough to impress Ryan with my mad raking skills and told Ryan to run and jump in. Shapoopie is no dumby. He understood what jump in meant and he followed suit. I couldn't help myself, kicking leaves at them. What an example ah?





Ryan decided he wanted to play a new game and I was naming off as many as I could think of, basketball, soccor, kickball, baseball. None of these seem to interest Ryan. All the sudden I look over at him and he is very still with both hands in front, fingers spread. He looked like a statue. I asked what are you doing and he said, " I am a timer, and you have 10 min. to think of a new game!" He proceeded to count down as seen below, it was too cute!


This is a shout out to grandpa and grandma Adams. You KNOW how much Ethan loves playing in the water hose outside. So Ryan and I are doing leaves, playing games and Ethan is wandering around the yard. I was watching him just wander as if he were looking for something. Then he found it, and then I Knew he had been searching for it all along. He knew that this was a yard and there had to be one somewhere....a spicket! Found at last, found at last!


This was the shot of the day, he was sooo happy and cute as a button!!!

6 comments:

Valarie said...

Ha! It's a good thing normal time doesn't go as fast as "Ryan time." I would never get ANYTHING done!!
I sure as heck don't miss raking leaves, but it sure does look like you guys had a great time playing in them!

Sheila said...

What sweet pictures! It reminds me of my two. Enjoy these purely simple and blissful moments!

Kristen said...

you are such a fun mom. I remember playing in the leaves when I was younger. I see your boys tried to join in the raking action.

everyday katie said...

Ethan has changed a ton! He's so grown up. Your boys are so cute! I just realized you had a blog...I found it on Autumns.

Your mom says you are moving to Texas? Where and when? Spencer and I are moving out to the Dallas area at the beginning of January.

IT was fun to see what you guys are up to. Cute family!

Autumn said...

I'm so glad you gave in-not only gave in, but raked!! What a great memory! The Halloween & birthday pictures are so fun! What darling excitement from Ryan!!

Aggieland Mom said...

those videos were so cute, I was totally laughing. I miss you!! Any news on this Texas stuff?