Sunday, August 8, 2010

Waiting to Exhale.....

...and inhale....and be able to walk again....and be able to eat normal again.....and sleeeeepppp...oh wait x out the sleep part.


I remember the moment Ryan was born and that wonderful feeling of filling my lungs with all that fresh oxygen down into the under utilized sections of my lungs. Ahhhh


This is my story at 37weeks 4 days:


Now I wait. I have nested and nested and nested some more! I got done nesting and packing my hospital bags at MIDNIGHT last night and already I'm bored! Bored out of my mind! I'm wondering what I did with my life before it was full of running hither and thither to pick up paint, ribbon, onsies,tissue paper,and diapers! What did I do before I spent my days and nights rearranging and cleaning the cabinets, closets, and under beds??


My nails are painted, my toes are painted, my legs and pits are shaved. I'm ready. SO let's go already!!


So I should enjoy this time, right? I can sit back and relax, knowing I'm ready, I'm prepared almost 3 weeks in advance which is unusual for me. But the truth is...I've needed all these activities to distract myself from....


.... this little annoying thing called FULL TERM HELL! This is when your body decides that it no longer appreciates being stretched and torn and sleep deprived! Let me vent a moment, just in case any of you forgot:


- sleep about 4-5 hour stretch (even with Tylenol PM)

- can't breath

- my left hip throbs all (short)night long

- indigestion so I have to sleep half sitting up which gives me a....

- back ache

- walking like a duck, a wounded shot hurt duck

- bottom end "issues" lets say....

- being jammed in the hips and ribs multiple times....

- I'm moody as all heck, poor Seth can do no right, the kids say I've been using my "big voice"

- every time I move or sit up my stomach tightens up into a knot and I can't move

- I'M HOT

- I can't tie shoes, I can't buckle my favorite sandals, I have to sit down to put my pants on

- ONE upside...my tummy sticks out so much that I can't see the number on the scale to weigh myself???

- charlie horses leaving me screaming

- not being able to laugh,sneeze,or cough without, well, you know...and lately I think I need to upgrade from a liner to a diaper

- once again running to the bathroom just to "dribble"


Ok maybe I don't even have it that bad compared to many and I know I'm being a big fat Laman and Lemuel right now.


Because there is this other more angelic side of myself that says that I should be so grateful to be blessed with this pregnancy, this little girl spirit that I thought may never come. I am so excited to cuddle her and I KNOW it will be worth it, BUT mommy me no feel good.......


UNCLE!!! I'm crying UNCLE!!

6 comments:

acutely cherished said...

Aw, poor sis!!! Hang in there... she'll be here before you know it (even though it doesn't seem like it)
Love you tons!!!

Kelly said...

It will fly by...just you wait and see- and that little girl will sooo be worth the wait!!
You look so adorable!!

everyday katie said...

Thanks for the reminder of why I HATE pregnancy. That last month is UNBEARABLE! I am always a sobbing mess those last few weeks. I can't hack it. I can handle labor and delivery (including pushing out a 9lb 11oz baby with NO epidural). That was nothing compared to those last miserable weeks. Good luck.

After delivery my my very first thoughts are not of my new perfect baby, but of how happy I am not to be pregnant anymore. (I'm so selfish sometimes.)

Chapman Channel said...

Your last two posts make me laugh! For one: I love that you are in cub scouts. That is just priceless. I would love to see a video of you being their cheerleader ;)...AND, 2. I love the perfect description of being just about full term, ready-to-have-your-baby prego...I have SO much to look forward to :)HAHA...and I thought early pregnancy was bad!!!

Stephanie said...

Awww Lisa! Well, you look beautiful! Always and forever! I am having issues myself and it's ONLY the beginning...Hang in there! She will be here before you know it.

Amanda B. said...

You actually look really good! I don't you don't feel good, but you look great. I believe these last few weeks are made to make you willing to go through labor to get it over with! :) She will be here before you know it!