Monday, October 6, 2008

Shell Bones

My zesty, adventurous big (yet smaller than I) sis, was nick-named Shelly. She was thin, very thin as a child so either my mom or dad started calling her Shell bones. She's still is thin due to her vigor for life-thin-ing activities, such as this......Lower Wind 10/01/08
Anyway, this is my plug for her BLOG!!!! Peer-pressure at it's finest and she has succumbed!

I don't know why this became more about her being thin than her blog, because it's supposed to be about her cool new blog that I'm bragging about because I'm proud of my adventure chasing big (smaller) sista!

BUT

Because I felt the need to be "witty" and use a cool nick name I felt the need to explain IT!

I love Michele because:

-She is the one of the most caring people I've ever known, she is a great friend
- she' very generous, too generous, even to her own dismise
-money does not matter to her, as long as she can eat and cook a yummy meal
- she is highly adventurous, always has some ultra cool hobby like rock-climbing, living in N.Y.C. on her own!, kayaking,
-she can move to totally new city with no money in her pocket and make it like gang busters
- she is well read, very intelligent, and believes that one person can make a difference in the community, city, and beyond
- she keeps stretching herself, not settling for that job at the desk, that pays the bills and is good enough....
- she finishes what she starts
- she can stand up for herself
- she has a great laugh and has a way of making you feel funnier than you really are b/c she will laugh with you so easily
- she has great no none-sense advice
- she's naturally beautiful, never wears make-up, but if you saw her, you would say, wow...she's really pretty
- she's a good, no great listener and has helped me understand myself
- she's thoughtful

.....and I think she deserves the best life has to bring her! And I have failed her, because I forgot to send her a birthday card!!!!!...it was on my mind, I never did it, then a week passed and I thought I need to get her a really big present now to make up for it....then another and another and then it got so big that no present or apology could make up for my FAILURE as a sister and human being. I have had nightmares about crying and apologizing to her about this! I have even been too chicken to call her, b/c I don't know what to say....even though I have been dying to talk to her and see how she is doing....so my darling sister who I love so much....can you ever forgive me! I AM SO SORRY! Because she has never missed my birthday...I don't think....anyway.....can you forgive your ultra self-absorbed lamo sister?

xoxoxox(hehe) Lisa

...so there it is I have purged my biggest disgrace to the entire blog world....flog me!

7 comments:

Amanda B. said...

What a cool sister! I checked out her blog- wow! She is active! Good for her! :) I can dream.....

It is always fun when the blogging virus spreads!

The Cochran Clan said...

The blog world is crazy like that! Weird that we are both in Texas. You look like a true blogger, I have just entered the world of blogging. Looks like you have a blast with your boys. We really enjoy our little man. They are truely spirited! Thanks for saying hi!

Valarie said...

I will have to go check her blog out and say hi. Oh, and I love the pic of Ryan on your sidebar now. :) Looks familiar!! hehe

Michele said...

OH PLEASE! Just call me you silly girl. I forget birthdays all the time. I think EVERYONE does. Unless they are perfect, and despite all those fine things you have to say about me I am FAR from perfect! Oh, and p.s., I laugh with you because you really are funny. Especially when you eat a lot of chocolate! : )

everyday katie said...

I used to be adventurous like that. I'm sad I don't do those things anymore. Go Michele. I'm totally jealous.

I love the mad scientist picture, too. I laughed my head off.

Darleen said...

Okay, kayaking is really hard. I've tried it and said goodbye to it. That's impressive. Anyway, she sounds like a really great sister.

Rachel H said...

Really cool! I think you are the sweetest- and it shows cuz you feel so bad about forgetting! =)

p.s. I responded to your comment on the political stuff on my blog...=)