Friday, October 10, 2008

Ryan's first writing

I came downstairs this morning at 7:30 a.m. and found Ryan typing...yes, my almost 6 year old typing....and it was not jibberish! He was so excited, "Lisa! I finished my story, wanna hear?"

He read it too me and I was soooo happy and asked him if I could blog it!

He had opened up his own word document (no one showed him how to do that) and just starting sounding out words. He said he didn't know where the "dots" went! HA!

Ryan's Story: (copy and pasted from word)

Ryan and ethan ar brothrs and ryan is the smatst ethan is not smatst becase he is a toodlr and ryan is bigist becase he is 5 yers old ethan is not becase he is 2 yers old and we love ar mom and dad and tha’s the sory of all abot 2 boys ryan and ethan the end

No spellcheck needed please!

7 comments:

everyday katie said...

I LOVE IT! What a proud moment. You've got a smarty pants on your hands. (or a smatsty pants.) HE did a great job.

Valarie said...

He is SOOO smart. You are in sooo much trouble! :P

Rachel H said...

Mr. SMaRty PANTS!=)
What a cutie!

Amy Jane said...

I'm going to have to agree with the other comments.... he is REALLY smart! What a great boy you are raising!

Amanda B. said...

Wow! How very cool! I would have been very proud as well! That is great!

And, I LOVE the family pic at top- you all look great!

Darleen said...

Impressive!! Can't believe he is doing at that at the young age of five.

Amelia said...

That is really cute! I always tell Addie...You just never stop surprising me!!