Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Move Yall!

So I LOVE IT! There were a few normal snags once we got here. One of our lenders thought Seth was a independent salesmen and wouldn't fund our loan, we got a new lender and a lower rate to boot! Then we close, grab the keys and walk up to our new glorious front door..."Hallejie...yah" "Carry me over the threshold" I say to Seth. He frowns, but agrees. I jam the key in the front door. No movement. What! Ok calm down, try again. No movement. You've got to be kidding me. We just spent what and can't even get in? A few phone calls later and a long wait, we had keys and walked through the front door. Here we are. It's our home. A place that we will call our own. It looks like this....

Pretty huh? This will be our future office. I can't wait to do the "before and after" blog and hopefully it looks something like the HGTV's before and afters....well, step one. We bought our first washer and dryer. I'll call it my lil HE. We also bought new coach lights for the house, but we have no ladder so they remain in the box. Step Two was buy new appliances in our kitchen. I do have a before and after for that.... Step Three: New granite countertops


Step Four: Paint kitchen cabinets and downstairs walls


Step Five: Frame in office and put iron ballisters in stairs.


Step Six: Buy Furniture


Step Seven: Decorate!!!!


So I spend most my time looking at design ideas and at home depot.


What's you favorite color?

8 comments:

Rachel H said...

Ohh -the appliances look sweeet! Now I want to see the counters! Are you selling the old ones on craig's list or something?

Valarie said...

Wow! The new Apps. look awesome! I like the color that is the horizontal stripe at the top right of the pic, but any of them would look great I am sure!

Kelly said...

Beautiful house, Lisa! I think you will be very happy there- I would be!!

Aggieland Mom said...

I was wondering when I was going to hear about your move! I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait to pictures of the house all finished. I like the darkest color the best in that picture.

Amy Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Jane said...

take 2:
im so glad you posted pics of where you are living... its so strange that i haven't actually been there :( the appliances look really good, much better! shawn: "what is all over thier walls?" me: "paint samples, they don't want to paint two story walls twice in one week!" .... lol

Kristen said...

i love the kitchen. I am excited to see all the befores and afters too. good luck with all the decorating.

Autumn said...

Wow!! Looks great! I like the darkest of the colors.