Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How to make a Pomander

A WHAT? ...a pomander....what's that?

It's a super cute, easy to make, and the most time consuming craft I have ever EVER MADE!

For my super amazingly cute and fun baby shower that my wonderful sista did for me, she made tissue paper flowers and hung them over her table display: IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!

I have seen them before, but they seemed way out of my crafty talent range to attempt! But Amy inspired me to look into it, becasue I had thought about including them in my baby room design. Then while searching for ways to make the tissue paper flowers, I came across pomanders....WHAT?? POMANDERS!! They seemed a little more long lasting or something to me to hang permentaly in my baby room...so I thought I would try one...and I did TRY ONE! THREE HOURS LATER I HAVE A LOP SIDED POM POM POMANDER!! So am I inspired to EVER make one again or make multiple ones for Chloe's room.....um NO WAY MAN (as that lil Simpson kid would say)

But just in case you have uber amounts of time on your hands and want to make one for a shower or party or something...this is the lady who taught me how to do it on you tube!

Tomorrow I think I'll make a bunch of tissue paper flowers so I still have time to do my other daily activities such as conquering the universe and other mundane task as such.

4 comments:

acutely cherished said...

I love it!! Three hours is a long time, but it's so cute!!

everyday katie said...

I tried once. No thanks to Martha. I followed her tutorial and flopped big time. Yours turned out cute.

Darleen said...

Chloe's room is adorable! And yes I do think a few of the pom poms would look fabulous in her room.

Anonymous said...

I Love Chloe's room it's beautiful in every way. You're an amazing decorator. Can't wait to see pictures of her when she comes.