Friday, January 28, 2011

Where to start.... the Beginning


Let's start with the birth! Here is the story:
On Saturday August 14, I went to a zumba class in the morning and then I was re-organizing the boys drawers...yes, more nesting! As I was waddling around opening drawers..up and down...I felt Leaky! Now this is not a new feeling completely, but It continued throughout the day. I called my mom who was visiting family in Utah and she said I should call the doctor. Which I did. The doctor said I needed to come in to check if it was amniotic fluid. Now in my mind I said, "uh oh". See I wanted BADLY a natural delivery. I had been induced with my first and it was horrible, but my second was natural and beautifully easy! I had even picked an O.B. that was more naturally inclined, their c-section rates where only 12% vs. the hospitals 30%!! So back to the phone call. The doctor said come on in, and I said, "How about we wait and I go into labor naturally and then come in, PLEASE?"

...it didn't work...she said I had to be checked now because there was a risk of infection...boo

So I canceled our evening plans, called the evening plans sitter and asked if she could come early, and told Seth to get home NOW from his weekly Walmart saturday trip ;)

An hour later we were headed to the hospital, all my bags packed and ready to go because I was going to be prepared for anything. We got checked in and she "scoped" me and 3 minutes later we were a positive for "ruptured membranes" which is a fancy way of saying..my water broke.
She was ready to start the induction, but I asked if I please could have the most time possible to try to go into labor on my own. SO I stayed at the hospital overnight. BUT being 2 weeks early....my body said NO! So at 7 a.m. they wheeled in the IV pole and the potocin started dripping....BOO!!!

ICK...I loathe potocin.... about 2 hours later I started to feel it but was breathing through ok. Then they came in and checked me. I was still a 3. A measly 3!!!! This was going to take too long and I wasn't about to go through all that potocin pain all day! So I threw my arms up and my will and called for the "drugs" the EPIDURAL!!! I felt defeated and broken, and a little scared. I think anytime there is a 5 inch needle entering any part of your body one should be scared.

The anetheolgist came in, a salt and pepper cutie pie man. Anyway, he did his thing and the weirdest thing happened.....I was "high"!! I started to giggle a lot and flirt with the doctor and say the most ridiculous things about how he had so much power over his wife because when she was mad at him all he had to do was give her some epidural and she would be happy and giggly and feel great... Seth was laughing at me. Thought it was great his wife was so silly and "high". My next feeling was exhaustion!!! I couldn't keep my eyes open. I conked out hard!! They would wake me to flip me every 30 minutes(Hear the thighs slapping together haha), but other than that from about noon till four I slept like a baby. Ahhhh I kinda was liking this baby laboring...so restful! ahhhhh. At around 4:30 I woke up and felt a little something down there. Then there was a pop and a gush and I could feel her head between my LEGS!!!!
"CALL THE DOCTOR, SHE'S FALLING OUT!!!" I yelled.

The doctor arrived, and said, "she's right there, go ahead and push." I was so afraid of tearing this time that I made the sound that I was pushing so the doctor would think I was, but really I was just"flexing" and she said,"great push! Do that again and she will be out!"
So I grunted my best grunt, flexed and POP, out she came. A little head this time! She already knew how to make her mommy happy by not breaking my who who!


I had a wonderful stay at the hospital and baby was perfect! I am in girl heaven!!
I don't know if it was the left over drugs or hormones, but I was just in bliss for her first three days!! She was soo precious and yummy!
Grandma and Grandpa Adams

The BIG Brothers meet their new sister for the first time....

Daddy holding his new princess girl.
Leaving the Hospital....off to a new wonderful pink life!! We are so blessed!!
Chloe Belle Cochran
August 15,2010
5:58 p.m.
6 lb. 14 oz.
19 in. long

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I love your birth story! So glad you wrote it down!! She is a beauty and girls are so fun!! Love how darling she ALWAYS looks!! Can't wait for mine now!!

acutely cherished said...

My favorite is when you say "who who"... lol! Just kidding, my favorite is finally seeing these amazing pictures!! You look so beautiful!!

Chapman Channel said...

wow, I thought I was the only one who had a seriously drugged induction experience! When I had Oliver I was soooo outta it! I hate Pitocin, too--I hope they don't try to make me get it this time! And I thought they gave me narcotics first, and that's what made me so loopy--because I told them not to give me narcotics with Everett, and I was totally myself, even with an epidural! Who knows--but either way, I'm getting drugs for sure :) haha I'm glad you wrote your birth story--fun to read!

Autumn said...

AHHH. I'm dying to see this better. Whenever I look at your blog the font is tiny tiny!! Do you know if its that way for anyone else?

Amanda B. said...

Ha ha ha- you make me laugh... ;) She is just beautiful! So glad all went well with no broken who who's... ;)