Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First First Day of School Ever! Well for one of us...

Meet Kid One: Ethan Alexander Cochran aka Boo-KAH!

He has been asking everyday for 2 weeks if he can go to school today. The school SON not to be confused with SUN...SONSHINE SCHOOL, do I live in the Bible belt or what? Ya this is the same school that had Ryan coming home and saying, "RISE ME UP! RISE ME UP!" But they pray and sing gospel songs and teach them to be good people so what's not to love!




Yesterday we did many things to get ready for school! We made a super-size batch of Play-dough! HAVE ANY OF YOU HEARD OF ALUM? WHAT THE FREAK IS ALUM!!!! This is what the manager at Harry E. Butts Grocer said anyway....(HEB) Eventually was found and 1 gallon of play dough was delivered this morning.

Ethan also had an immunization, blah! Poor things! They are always so happy to go to the doctor and they don't know what is about to happen to them. So I am pinning Ethan to the table. All the while he thinks he is getting a great hug from mom and , "Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!" Then he sits up and exclaims to the nurse, " DThank you, YOU SHOTSZZZZ ME!!!" LOL!

Another thing we did was buy new shoes!!! We went to Stride-right. Yes, they are sooooooooooo expensive, but seriously parents they are the only shoes that are not beggin for mercy after a month of kicking,sand,and general BOY usage! Ethan tried on a few and then I knew when he liked these because he started jumpin and saying, " I DIKE DEASE!" Because mommy was feeling gracious (and maybe when I was a kid there were no random fair rides taken) we also did this:



Good-bye my love, babby love. Mommy will miss you today and I will save you one Dove Chocolate to eat after school! :)



Meet Kid 2: My older and wiser Ryan John Cochran



(OK I got a little carried away with the hair spikage) BUT he did say that he got a lot of compliments of his mohawk-oops I wasn't going for the mohawk oh well! Ryan too was so excited for his first day of first grade! He was counting down the days all summer!

In his classroom he sits next to Savannah! I love this darling girl and think Ryan does too, because her mamma told me last year Ryan asked Savannah for a kiss on the playground! WHAT?????!!!!! Little Romeo. This is why in Summer school he got a award for being a Ladies Man! Oh, I hope that calms down for say TWENTY YEARS!!!

Here we go! Walking in for the first time!


But anyway, he was so excited because this year he has 1)his own desk and 2)own pencil box with his 3)own supplies that as he says, "I can organize!" He comes home every day and says he loves first grade!

Good-bye my sweet- Big Boy!

Now I am HOME ALONE! (hands on checks) "AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

4 comments:

acutely cherished said...

AAAAAWWWWWW! I am seriously laughing out loud at the flying Ethan!! I wanna come see that in person!

Stephanie said...

I can't believe how fast they are growing up...too cute for words!

Amanda B. said...

That back pack is as big as he is!!!!! :)

Chapman Channel said...

I showed these to Oliver and he loved the video clips! He wanted to go to school, too! I am waiting another year...but I hope to find some fun classes to get him in (like gymnastics or something).